Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me the best way to remove limescale in specific areas...?

(7 Posts)
lucysmam Wed 05-Feb-14 14:58:09

Round the hole in the taps

The overflow things at the back of sinks

Plugs (I might just replace those tbf, they look minging)

Shower head and hose (or would it be easier to replace those?)

tia smile

Honeysweet Wed 05-Feb-14 15:01:43

I want to know too, so am bumping.
I do use old toothbrushes for tricky areas. But there may be better ways.

lucysmam Wed 05-Feb-14 15:04:24

It's been irritating me since we moved in tbh, only just getting round to doing something about it though.

RenterNomad Wed 05-Feb-14 17:45:37

Viakal liquid is great: it fuzzes the scale right up! I keep old toothbrushes aside for Viakal and bleach.

lucysmam Wed 05-Feb-14 18:43:12

ooh, that sounds like just the job. Would it do a shower head too? Where do you get it from? smile

RenterNomad Wed 05-Feb-14 20:46:59

I have done shower heads with it, yes, squirting it into the shower head from the hose end, then leaving it hose end up in a glass. Tippi g Viakaly water back into the hose end when it's all run out, and just repeating this process a few times.

I get it in my Sainsbury"s order, but hardware stores stock it, too. Be careful to wear gloves, though, or keep it off your hands, as it's very harsh on skin. Not blister-harsh, but it may come up red and very dry/a bit welt-like.

lucysmam Wed 05-Feb-14 20:58:33

Excellent, I'll have a look in town tomorrow. If not there's a little hardware shop not far away that'll probably do it.

Thanks very much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now