Talk

Advanced search

Tell me what you use Stardrops for

(15 Posts)
AntoinetteCosway Wed 05-Feb-14 12:08:47

I know the back of the bottle says you can use it for everything but what do you use it for and find it particularly good for? I'm using it at the mo for washing up, wiping down kitchen surfaces and the hob. What else shall I try?

Coro Wed 05-Feb-14 15:03:55

Cleaning the bathroom, hard floors.

TinyTyke Wed 05-Feb-14 15:11:04

Great for windows

HappyMamaBear Wed 05-Feb-14 15:13:19

Cleaning the sides, soaking DC's vests etc when they've had a poop explosion, have saved many a vest with this method.

AntoinetteCosway Wed 05-Feb-14 16:24:32

Really-good on stains? That's useful to know.

Anyone water it down in the bottle? I want a second bottle upstairs but seem to use such a tiny amount each time I thought I might just decant half and mix with water in both bottles.

MoreSnowPlease Wed 05-Feb-14 17:33:16

Cleaning crayon off the matt painted walls!

AntoinetteCosway Wed 05-Feb-14 18:35:38

REALLY? Because I have stupid stupid stupid farrow and ball that is wrecked and I thought dead forever. I tried magic eraser to no avail.

HappyMamaBear Wed 05-Feb-14 20:15:10

Oh those magic erasers are shite.

AntoinetteCosway Wed 05-Feb-14 22:16:12

Yep sad

MoreSnowPlease Thu 06-Feb-14 10:41:04

Yep, we put some stardrops in bowl of hot water and went at the walls with a green scrubber and they look so much better. ..the paint is not good as new and if I had farrow and ball I would probably do a patch test first and use a soft cloth with more elbow grease but we have cheapy paint so I didn't care if it went wrong!

AntoinetteCosway Thu 06-Feb-14 11:17:04

Can't look any worse than it does at the moment. Am trying it!

whitetigerlily Sat 08-Feb-14 08:01:57

happymamabear do you think it would be any good at stain removal on delicates? I just started a thread about needing to remove a stain from white net curtain type material.

If so how much do you use - and where do you buy star drops? I've not seen them for years.

MostlyMama Sun 09-Feb-14 10:46:17

Happymama here, I got mine from Home Bargains I think, and I am pretty sure it should be fine on your delicates. You will only need a small amount but it does have fairly clear directions on the bottle. smile

trinitybleu Sun 09-Feb-14 12:24:47

washing (great for getting greasy marks out), laminate floor (with a mop, no streaks), glass (microfiber cloth, no streaks) ... everything!

working3jobs Tue 11-Feb-14 22:41:07

I put it in a spray bottle, 1/3 stardrops, 2/3 water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now