Talk

Advanced search

Shower grout orange tint plus mould spots

(19 Posts)
FedupofTurkey Mon 03-Feb-14 22:34:07

Whats the best way to get grout back to white?

RustyBear Mon 03-Feb-14 22:40:33

HG mould spray - recommended by someone on Mumsnet - worked wonderfully on my mouldy and orangey grout - but do make sure there's plenty of ventilation when you use it!

DifferentNow Mon 03-Feb-14 22:47:01

I haven't used it myself but I've heard great things about Cillit Bang. My friend used it on hers and when her husband (who's a tradesman) got home, he asked her if she'd had someone in to re-do it!

HauntedNoddyCar Mon 03-Feb-14 22:49:07

If you can't get HG then there is a Dettol mould and mildew spray which is excellent too.

principalitygirl Mon 03-Feb-14 23:23:27

We have this problem. It drives me mad as we have small tiles and tons of grout.(I curse previous owners of this house!) I've just bought but not yet used two products by Lithofin: grout cleaner and grout protector - the latter so the grout stays white once cleaned. They were recommended by a tradesperson on a trade chat board - I'd done a Google search of your thread title more or less. Both came to £30 incl next day courier delivery. I have high hopes!

principalitygirl Mon 03-Feb-14 23:24:14

Oh, and I use an old nail brush to get into the grout when cleaning.

Weelady77 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:31:50

Dettol mould spray, I had this sprayed it on 10 mins later grout was pure white

ushiemama Tue 04-Feb-14 10:40:53

Rubber Gloves, Toothbrush, Domestos Bleach (not cheepo bleach) Open window, Work into grout, Leave for 10 mins. & Rinse.

CakeyCakeyCakey Wed 05-Feb-14 17:46:37

Thick bleach 100% wipe it on the grout and leave it for a while (I leave it overnight) then just wash it away, we had mouldy sealant round the bath when we came to clean our new house, I soaked a cloth with neat bleach and laid it along the sealant, no effort at all, I left I two days and it was totally gone.

iggymama Wed 05-Feb-14 21:34:48

I use the HG mould spray for mould throughout my home but noticed this week that they make a special product to clean grout. I am awaiting delivery from Amazon and hope it will do the job.

PenguinBear Wed 05-Feb-14 21:40:15

Watching with interest!

NowRising Wed 05-Feb-14 21:42:47

I've been going over it with a grout pen but it does make to actually remove the mould!

MrChow Wed 05-Feb-14 21:44:38

HG mould spray. I even used it on some baby items last week that had been in the loft and were covered, fabric and all. They came up beautifully. As did a buggy that was left in the garden accidentally for 2 months!

EduCated Wed 05-Feb-14 21:49:23

Can also recommend the Dettol Mould and Mildew one, in the green spray bottle. Spray, leave for 5 mins and rinse. That's it.

RayPurchase Wed 05-Feb-14 22:04:35

Bleach and a toothbrush.

AntoinetteCosway Wed 05-Feb-14 22:15:05

Would the HG stuff work on a mouldy plastic thing that's at the bottom of the shower door? Don't know what it's called. Supposed to keep water in the shower iyswim? I'm scared to try in case it melts it.

MrChow Wed 05-Feb-14 22:48:22

I'd go for it!

Onesleeptillwembley Wed 05-Feb-14 22:52:55

Any brush, old toothbrush, new bogbrush before use, etc and any of the above cleaners or jif or even shops own cream cleaner. Comes up a dream.

AntoinetteCosway Thu 06-Feb-14 08:18:14

Will give it a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now