Talk

Advanced search

Will a steam cleaner erm clean a shower cubicle?

(5 Posts)
Sallycinnamum Sun 02-Feb-14 12:58:11

I'm very tempted to buy the morphy Richards 9-in-1 as I have tiled and laminate floors downstairs.

But what I really want to know is whether I can clean the shower cubicle with it too.

We had a brand new bathroom fitted 2 years ago and I love our shower but it's an absolute bastard to keep clean. There are lots of nooks and crannies that end up going orange which I clean with a mixing bleach and bicarb but tbh, I just don't have the time to thoroughly clean it every day.

Will a steam cleaner help?

KungFuBustle Sun 02-Feb-14 14:03:23

I have one, it has a rubber thing for glass surfaces, nooks and crannies you can use the straight tight nozzle and it comes with one with a bend in for super awkward places.

craftysewer Sun 02-Feb-14 23:25:50

I have the same problem in our shower with the grout and tiles getting an orange tinge. I put it down to me having a red coloured dye on my hair, but it's driving me nuts. I've used bleach but never mixed it with bicarb, does that make a difference?

Betty5313 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:00:05

I have the morphy Richards cleaner, bought to get to grips with disgusting state of our new house. the long nozzle bit is great for the nooks and crannies round taps, where the shower screen meets the wall etc. gets those orange bits bleach white again. But, it doesn't do anything at all about the limescaled shower screen sad

Bonsoir Wed 05-Feb-14 08:13:00

Try using the Cillit Bang bathroom foam spray cleaner - it's great for nooks and crannies.

Shower cubicles require more maintenance than bath tubs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now