Talk

Advanced search

mySupermarket - has anyone used it for groceries?

(11 Posts)
delasi Mon 23-Sep-13 20:57:31

I think it sounds like an interesting idea. We already have our shopping delivered and we have been shopping with Ocado for a few months now, as they will happily bring our food to the door (2nd floor, no lift) and that's one of the key reasons why we order online. We tried some of the other supermarket delivery services but there was quite a bit of bother over bringing our stuff up the stairs.

I like the idea of being able to get things available in different stores and also save on my shopping bill. But I don't know anyone who has used it to find out what it's like! If you have, has it been any good? Food arrives relatively unscathed? And most importantly, if you live upstairs without a lift - do they carry it up?

delasi Mon 23-Sep-13 21:00:53

blush I've just realised that it's not them who deliver it, but it sends the order through to complete with each store. Well, that's the last time I believe what MIL tells me...

MousyMouse Mon 23-Sep-13 21:03:23

we use it to compare the prices of certain expensive things that really make the weekly shop pricey, dishwasher tablets for example and nutella for nutellaholic dh

AllTwerkNoPlay Tue 24-Sep-13 23:35:44

Yep, it's amazing. Although Asda usually comes out cheapest anyway, it has saved us a lot.

TarkaTheOtter Fri 27-Sep-13 22:21:02

I find it easier to use than some of the supermarkets own websites. In particular, it has a "sort by price per unit" function which the tesco website doesn't.

Fridayschild Sat 28-Sep-13 07:34:10

Does it compare delivery prices too? I use wait rose because they deliver for free but have a niggling worry that it is still more expensive than a cheaper supermarket despite that, if you see what I mean.

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Sat 28-Sep-13 18:10:46

I use it to compare prices and deals and then go to the shops with my list. It's just the same as using a supermarket who delivers because it is the actual supermarket that delivers!

It's good now because you can also compare with aldi, although they don't deliver.

delasi Sat 28-Sep-13 18:47:56

Thanks for the responses. Initial confusion was due to MIL telling me that they get all of the cheapest prices, do the shopping for you at the different places, you pay a small delivery fee (their commission?!) and then they deliver to you hmm

However I have been using it and just found out that it's much cheaper to get RTF formula at Asda so I've stocked up with a delivery from them!

UnicornsNotRiddenByGrownUps Sun 29-Sep-13 10:49:52

I discovered it when Christmas shopping one year. Found an expensive bottle of booze with about a tenner off so it's quite good like that!

alittlebitcountry Sun 29-Sep-13 11:03:03

It's useful to find out where there are offers on more expensive things, and I keep using it.

It works well for branded products, But I do find Sainsburys comes out as the cheapest most of the time - and we would shop there anyway. Think this is because we buy a lot of their own label and basics items as we know what we like, its harder to find an exact like for like match for those.

everyday2 Sun 24-Apr-16 15:26:58

In Ireland there's a site called 'Grocery Kayak' which allows you to compare live prices across the supermarkets.

my-grocerykayak.rhcloud.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now