Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got the Silvercrest breadmaker from Lidl?

(8 Posts)
PolyesterBride Fri 13-Sep-13 12:31:23

I really want a Panasonic breadmaker but I can't afford it. Keep watching secondhand ones on eBay and they always go over my price.

Just seen a £35 one in Lidl and was wondering if it was any good. Or should I keep looking for a secondhand Panasonic? I know they're the best, but I'm poor!

Thanks in advance.

CecyHall Fri 13-Sep-13 13:09:32

Well I got this last week and have only made one loaf in it but that loaf was perfect, the machine was easy to use and easy to clean but obviously I can't really comment on long term use!

PolyesterBride Fri 13-Sep-13 14:30:25

Oh that's good to hear. I read some reviews which said that the paddles left big holes in the loaves - did you find that?

PractialJoke Fri 13-Sep-13 14:38:54

I have one and have been happy with it for years, but it's nowhere near as good a my sister's new Panasonic. The crust isn't as hard and it's much easier to get out of the tin.

The paddles do leave hole, but doesn't that happen with all breadmakers to some extent? The Panasonic only has one paddle, but it's about 4x the price!

Janek Fri 13-Sep-13 14:53:58

My panasonic breadmaker leaves paddle-holes in the bread, but there is just one paddle - are the more in the lidl one?

When it was new i think the holes were just paddle-shaped, but now it's a bit older there is often a lump of bread left in the tin once the loaf is out - what a waste!

PolyesterBride Fri 13-Sep-13 15:10:28

I think there are two paddles on the Lidl one.

I am a bit concerned that if I buy the Lidl one and it has some annoying features (like not being easy to get the bread out of the tin, as PracticalJoke mentioned) I'll just stop using it, and it will have ben £35 for nothing. Whereas if I get a Panasonic I'll feel compelled to keep using it! Or maybe both of them would end up gathering dust in the cupboard. I just really don't like supermarket bread.

craigrowan Tue 01-Oct-13 19:33:06

It's a fantastic breadmaker, I've had one for a couple of years and use it every couple of days It makes a "proper" shaped loaf. If you work out the timings you can remove the paddles after the last kneading so that you just have two small holes in the loaf

judithorchard1956 Sun 05-Feb-17 11:44:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now