Talk

Advanced search

What do you keep your pegs in?

(55 Posts)
GreatNorthRoad Wed 11-Sep-13 09:48:21

I know, if there was a prize for the most boring question....but I'm finding it is occupying an unreasonable amount of my thinking time!

ATM I use a v old compost caddy - one of the first free issue ones from the council, a kind of plastic basket with a handle. It soon became obsolete when the council changed their recycling system again but has done the job for the pegs for a good many years smile

This summer it has disintegrated and I need to find a replacement, but I can't bring myself to spend actual cash on such a thing. There must be something laying around that will "do" iyswim. Any better suggestions than a carrier bag?

NomDeClavier Wed 11-Sep-13 09:49:28

An adapted pillowcase on a clothes hanger to make a kind of hanging bag.

CMOTDibbler Wed 11-Sep-13 09:52:40

Mine just live on the line. They seem quite happy like this

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Wed 11-Sep-13 09:54:55

Child's bucket? Plant pot?

KatoPotato Wed 11-Sep-13 09:55:06

www.ulsterweavers.com/product.cfm?product=1669

derektheladyhamster Wed 11-Sep-13 09:57:21

My favourite was a wooden trug, but after being hit countless times with a football over the years it finally broke beyond repair. I now have a funky hemp bag.

Madamecastafiore Wed 11-Sep-13 10:03:58

Am anal about using proper stuff.

Have brabantia peg bag and very nifty fold away wall mounted brabantia washing line.

I am bragging about it as am sooo happy with it. I have spent years looking at bloody washing lines that weren't in straight and now don't have to look at one at all, just fold it away.

ScienceRocks Wed 11-Sep-13 10:06:04

Cloth book start bag. Seriously. I can have it on my shoulder when pegging out the laundry, and it sits nicely on the corner of the rotary airer or on the ironing board hook. And if it gets manky, I can wash it.

TwoTearsInABucket Wed 11-Sep-13 10:08:45

A cleaned out domestos bottle with the top cut off. It has a built in handle and everything!

GreatNorthRoad Wed 11-Sep-13 10:09:07

Ohh, Science I still have that, it must be 13yo now, but we still use it for the library books

GreatNorthRoad Wed 11-Sep-13 10:09:43

I like that Two Tears, thank you

PestoSwimissimos Wed 11-Sep-13 10:10:06

I too have a

Brabantia peg bag

hanging on my washing whirligig - fab [smile ]

PestoSwimissimos Wed 11-Sep-13 10:10:35

smile

Elsiequadrille Wed 11-Sep-13 10:11:24

A peg bag (horribly twee bought from Cath Kidston approx a decade ago).

GreatNorthRoad Wed 11-Sep-13 10:11:54

No! Stop telling me about things you have to buy. I'm going to end up asking for a peg bag for Christmas!

CoolaSchmoola Wed 11-Sep-13 10:12:31

I have a homemade peg bag on a coat hanger.

theginganinja Wed 11-Sep-13 10:14:40

I made mine out of an old skirt, was dead easy. I can't find the actual tut I used but this one looks similiar. Only took about an hour IIRC.

HorryIsUpduffed Wed 11-Sep-13 10:14:48

I'm another who uses a cloth bag - think mine is Tiny Talk but same shape as a Sure Start one.

I have literally hundreds of pegs, all of which get used on an "empty the basket" washing day. Having them all just by my hip to grab is so easy. And yy to being able to shove it in a cupboard out of the way when not in use, and easily launder if grubby.

Purpletoes Wed 11-Sep-13 10:15:05

I have the brabantia peg bag as well. It's great just hook to trousers and always have your pegs with you. It is also very small and neat. Also good in a small kitchen!

TwoTearsInABucket Wed 11-Sep-13 10:18:12

My mum hates my domestos bottle and insists I should get a peg bag grin

educatingarti Wed 11-Sep-13 10:32:04

I made a pegbag out of an antique pillowcase that was beyond mending for use as a pillowcase, plus a coathanger. It wasn't hard and there are a variety of instructions online!

ilovepowerhoop Wed 11-Sep-13 10:35:00

mine are in a peg bag

valiumredhead Wed 11-Sep-13 10:37:44

A plastic basket from tesco.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Wed 11-Sep-13 10:42:02

I've got a cross body one, basically the same design as the coathanger ones but with a long shoulder strap instead of the hanger (I've got a long line and need to have it on me not hooked on the line).

MrsWelly Wed 11-Sep-13 10:43:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: