Talk

Advanced search

Where do the book bags, PE bags etc live?

(6 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Thu 01-Aug-13 08:42:45

Ds starts school in September. He'll need a book bag and a PE bag. We have a tall shoe cupboard in the hall but nothing else furniture/ storage wise. The cupboard under the stairs is full of dh's crap hmm so not an option.

Where/ How do you store the dc's school bags?

Thanks! smile

Mummysaysno Thu 01-Aug-13 08:51:01

I had this issue, until a very organized friend said 'on the hook of course!' So I went and acquired said hooks and now each child has 'the hook'!

Grignard Thu 01-Aug-13 09:11:15

On a hook in the porch.
Previous to getting the porch built it was on a hook on the back of the under stairs cupboard (and what a nightmare that cupboard was then!).

Mummysaysno Thu 01-Aug-13 09:22:22

...yet again...The Hook!

notso Thu 01-Aug-13 09:42:53

No hooks here!

In primary PE bags often stay in school only to be brought home in the holidays to be washed.

DD's secondary school PE kit and DS1's extra kits like swimming/after school rugby live in the utility room in a big tub so the bags can be repacked straight after drying avoiding essential items being lost in the chaos of 'clean washing mountain'.

Book bags and school bags live in their owners bedrooms.

If I had a massive hall I would have a giant handmade cupboard with a section for each persons coats, bags, shoes and accessories. <<wistful>>

noisytoys Thu 01-Aug-13 10:01:25

In a plastic box in the bottom of the wardrobe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now