Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know if other stone options are available as worktops or are they all polished?

(7 Posts)
JoshuaLewis1 Thu 11-Jul-13 13:19:38

I love natural products and would like to use stone for my kitchens worktops but I do not like a highly polished finish. Does anyone know if other stone options are available as worktops or are they all polished?

HollaAtMeBaby Fri 12-Jul-13 23:00:42

How will you clean it properly if it isn't sealed/polished?

wendybird77 Sun 14-Jul-13 15:15:54

I have black honed granite - looks like slate as it isn't shiny - just a flat black. I love it and is easy to keep clean with a bit of vinegar & water or window cleaner. It does show every drip and crumb until wiped though. You can get slate, but I read that it damages more easily than granite.

AvaRobinson1x Mon 15-Jul-13 14:39:25

Not all stone is polished; there are other surface finishes available like honed which is more of a matt finish. Another option is antique which adds a texture to the surface and is a dull finish. I do not like the polished finish myself so went for a matt textured finish. The problem I had with this was finding a supplier that offered alternative finishes, I ended up using a provider called Worktop Factory as they were one of the few options I could find that offered these alternative finishes

jennymac Tue 16-Jul-13 13:43:35

Our worktops are white quartz and don't look particularly shiny (definitely not when compared to Granite)

Threefurrymonsters Thu 18-Jul-13 16:33:50

We have Silestone worktops in a speckled-beachy-type colour in a "leather" finish which is very matt, as I didn't want shiny either. I love them and they seem to be pretty bombproof.

wendybird77 Thu 18-Jul-13 18:45:15

Oh god, don't use Worktop Factory - I had a horrible experience with them and am going to have to pay someone else to sort out the mistakes they made as no one will respond to me or phone me back. Once they have your money they don't want to know! <bitter>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now