Talk

Advanced search

If you have a Bosch washing machine please help urgently!

(5 Posts)
notso Mon 08-Jul-13 12:47:18

My Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine is showing error code E18.
I need to undo the filter but it seems to be stuck. Could someone with one please tell me if it unscrews all the way or if you unscrew it quarter way and pull it.
TIA

PigletJohn Mon 08-Jul-13 16:50:10

it screws out. If you have not cleaned it ever regularly then it is probably seized. Rubber gloves or a jar-lid-removing tool will help. I one used plumbers pliers and broke a cap, but a new one is only a few pounds and you can order it online and keep it handy.

Bosch have a retail website for bits, but there will be a shop in your town that sells common parts for apppliances. They will ask for the E number and FD date which are probably behind the door near the hinge. Write thenm in the back on the user instructions for future.

AnotherWorld Mon 08-Jul-13 16:55:04

If its not undoing it's possible you have something like a coin stuck in the filter.

Bit of googling will show instructions on how to remove it from below. DP did this for some friends of ours with a Bosch.

wonkylegs Mon 08-Jul-13 18:38:49

We couldn't remove ours from below as ours has a solid riveted plate but the action of tipping the WM forward shifted the blockage enough for us to unscrew the filter... Where we found a five pound note out of a pocket.
Felt slightly better for the palaver it took to get it out.

notso Mon 08-Jul-13 21:18:49

Thanks all. I have cleaned it quite often and never had a problem undoing it before. I am almost certain there is something blocking it.
The plate is solid underneath although I have found how to get to it by unscrewing the top and removing the back.
It still has just under a year left on the guarantee so I phoned the Bosch helpline. The woman told me not to force it with pliers but to try thumping it with a fist wrapped in a towel hmm tried it and now the whole thing has come loose.
She has given me a number to arrange a repair but we might have to pay for it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »