Talk

Advanced search

how to get ballpoint marks off walls and upholstery?

(12 Posts)
poppadum Thu 01-Jun-06 15:50:54

I live in rented, furnished accomodation and my toddler has gone berserk with a ball point. walls, sofa cushions and mattresses included. can anyone help please?

Kelly1978 Thu 01-Jun-06 15:54:48

magic eraser thingys. Not sure who they are by, possibly flash, but you find them with the cleaning products, and they are a white sponge in a box. Work really well.

fedda Thu 01-Jun-06 22:38:59

On walls try hair spray and then wipe them off with a cloth. On others - baby wipes usually help. you might have to use some special chemical if this doesn't work but often it does. Good luck!

MeAndMyBoy Thu 01-Jun-06 22:43:57

Baby wet wipes - brand in a pink packet excellent for cleaning not found much they don't move.

oops just noticed someone else has already suggested them

cece Thu 01-Jun-06 22:43:58

I seem to remember reading about toothpaste?

squarer Thu 01-Jun-06 22:46:56

I'm agreeing with the hairspray thing that fedda suggested. I haven't had to use it (yet) but it's one of those things I have tucked away for reference IYKWIM

KateF Thu 01-Jun-06 22:51:12

Flash erasers work well on most surfaces. Have had quite a bit of experience with these as dd2 is a manic scribbler.

poppadum Fri 02-Jun-06 00:12:45

Thank you all
went to two stores today to get the magic eraser; must be good because they had sold out. will try and get it tomorrow. baby wet wipes havent worked on young Jackson Pollock's work, maybe they are the wrong kind?

nightowl Fri 02-Jun-06 01:02:16

furniture polish seems to work well on walls for some reason, dont know about soft furnishings though...stil trying to get mine off!

fedda Fri 02-Jun-06 22:41:00

I've looked through some sites and found some good information on http://www.quilthistory.com/stain.htm. Basically they suggest to use hair spray on upholstery as well but look for the type of the spray and how to use it. I hope it will help. Please, let me know. I can also ask my friends for their advice. Good luck!

Uwila Fri 02-Jun-06 23:39:41

Use hair spray on soft furnishings, if you can then throw then into the washer.

poppadum Mon 05-Jun-06 10:48:07

Just to say thank you to kelly for suggesting the magic eraser; it's truly magic. got the pen marks off, and several smudges as well.

not tried the hair spray yet, bit nervous about bleaching the upholstery.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: