Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean the most disgusting damged enamel bath?

(12 Posts)
fairyfly Wed 31-May-06 14:56:49

It has rust marks on it, corroded green bits, i clean it to the best i can all the time. Tried every product possible, i HATE IT!

expatinscotland Wed 31-May-06 14:57:49

Fill it up. Drop in two bio washing powder tablets. Leave it sit. Let water out, scrub with nylon scrubby. Rinse.

Enid Wed 31-May-06 14:58:32

pay for it to be re-enamelled

fairyfly Wed 31-May-06 14:58:43

Oh thanks expat, never tried that, will the nylon scrub not erode it more, it is sooo rough.

Enid Wed 31-May-06 14:59:11

we had ours done after it used to bite my bum every time I sat down in it

fairyfly Wed 31-May-06 15:01:16

I would love to pay for it to be re-enamalled Enid, two problems, no money, not my house and i've already paid for new flooring i wont get back.

Enid Wed 31-May-06 15:02:08

T-cut car polish is excellent btw

LotosEater Wed 31-May-06 15:05:26

if the surface of the enamel is worn away, re-enamelling is the only thing that will restore it to gleaming condition again

fairyfly Wed 31-May-06 15:07:54

It's where the tap drips, it looks lovely. Suits my life.

LotosEater Wed 31-May-06 15:11:48

I had an enamelled bath once

A friend (who was staying with me at the time) helpfully cleaned it with something you shouldn't use on enamel.

She poured it all round the bath and left it for a few minutes

teh liquid ate into teh enamel and left a stripy 'rib-cage' effect round the entire bath.

it never recovered

I moved

Piggiesmum Wed 31-May-06 21:51:22

My mum did that to mine too.

She thought she was trying to help, bless her - doing my cleaning etc while I dealt with 4 week old ds. Fortunately we had just sold our house too so I didn't bother telling her off

Californifrau Thu 01-Jun-06 04:14:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: