Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

laundry basket smells of wee.

(10 Posts)
ditavonteesed Tue 18-Jun-13 11:25:19

after trying to work out why my bathroom smelt of wee I have narrowed it donw to the laundry basket, I guess one to many accident covered clothes been put in it. So can I get rid of the smell or do I have to chuck it and get a new one. I really dont want to chuck it as I seem to be replacing all sorts at the moment. it is fabric but kind of waxed fabric iyswim. any tips? TIA

ReadytoOrderSir Tue 18-Jun-13 17:36:30

Have you tried Fabreze? Seems to work on most things :-)

MummyAbroad Tue 18-Jun-13 17:41:44

Homemade fabreeze = white vinegar + water.

I have personal proof that it gets the wee smell out of all kinds of fabrics and carpets as I have a potty training toddler grin

MummyAbroad Tue 18-Jun-13 17:42:49

you can also dry sprinkling baking soda on it and then hoovering off (like shake n vac) but vinegar works better for me.

ditavonteesed Tue 18-Jun-13 17:42:54

doesnt that just leave it smelling of vinegar though, I thinkk if I had to chose I prefer wee.

MummyAbroad Tue 18-Jun-13 17:45:40

no, the vinegar smell doesnt linger. You can also try leaving out a bowl of vinegar (or baking soda) in the room overnight. It will REALLY smell of vinegar while its in there but when you take it out, its all lovely and fresh and no linger. But if you know its the laundry basket, I guess that tip is not very helpful..

BabsAndTheRu Tue 18-Jun-13 17:46:15

I tip I got on here to get the smell out of anything that smelt of wee and sick was to wash it with warm water and fabric conditioner.works every time and found it better that bi- carb which I always used before.

PigletJohn Wed 19-Jun-13 21:36:30

take the basket outside on a dry sunny day, and squirt it with the hose. Turn upside down to dry.

poocatcherchampion Wed 19-Jun-13 22:45:49

I'm going for the sunshine option too.

shame you missed it!

Monty27 Wed 19-Jun-13 22:53:04

Do you have cats?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now