Talk

Advanced search

How can I get fake leather marks off walls?

(5 Posts)
RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 16-Jun-13 13:37:12

We're about to move out of our rented house, which was absolutely bloody immaculate when we moved in. I've just shifted our sofa and it turns out the leather-effect cushions have left lovely brown scuff marks on the magnolia walls. The paint's quite weird - not the powdery matt stuff, seems more like gloss. I've tried wet wipes and ajax and scrubbing really hard - but haven't even made a slight improvement!

If anyone has any bright ideas I would massively appreciate it!

PigletJohn Sun 16-Jun-13 14:12:07

some dyes will diffuse out of the fabric and into the vinyl paint. They have dissolved into it so won't clean off. You could try rubbing with a magic eraser.

is the paint a vinyl silk?

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 16-Jun-13 14:51:37

Yes I think it's a vinyl silk - I found a tester in the shed that says 'available in matt and silk' and it's definitely not matt. I will try the magic eraser jobbie once I can get to a shop, thank you! If it doesn't work is there anything else I can try or should I paint over it?

PigletJohn Sun 16-Jun-13 17:40:07

a repainted patch is liable to stand out unless you do the entire wall.

no need to do the whole room if it is the same paint, stop on the corners very neatly.

RevealTheHiddenBeach Mon 17-Jun-13 14:22:06

Thank you PigletJohn- if the magic eraser doesn't work I will give that a go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: