Talk

Advanced search

Cheap but decent storage advice?

(8 Posts)
FlameBoo Tue 30-May-06 08:59:05

We are in a rented place, so don't really want to spend money putting up cupboards etc, but we have very very little storage. I'm just about coping in the kitchen, but the diningroom still has stuff that we store in cardboard boxes, and DD has toys all over the place, and not much in the way of decent storage.

I don't have a fortune to spend, and (at least where the toys are concerned), they need to be fairly easily accessible - thinking something that pulls out like drawers, rather than stacked iyswim.

I haven't got a clue really... cardboard boxes vs big bright plastic boxes are both about as horrible as eachother

Blossomhill Tue 30-May-06 09:02:58

We have this for ds's room and it is really good. Holds loads and fairly cheap too.

DuchessMiaouOfTheMews Tue 30-May-06 09:03:25

Oooh, no advice but I'm piggybacking on your thread as we are in the same position re. needing cheap storage solutions for dd's v. small bedroom.

Flameboo, are you flamesparrow or someone else? I get so confused these days.

FlameBoo Tue 30-May-06 09:06:31

Yup, its Flamesparrow. DD got a new Boo dvd for her birthday, and I kept hearing "Its Kangaroo Boo in the bush" and "Its Bat Boo in the cave", so I decided to become "FlameBoo on the computer"

I really like that BH!!!! Now I just need to find my nearest Ikea (I think many miles away )

Tommy Tue 30-May-06 09:42:32

we have that Ikea one in the DSs' room as well and three of these in the living room that they keep their toys in.
In a fit of efficiency, I even put labels on them

FlameBoo Tue 30-May-06 09:44:20

Oooh oooh oooh!!!! Going to see DH's parents in Wales in a fortnight - we could detour to Cardiff Ikea on the way back.

FlameBoo Tue 30-May-06 09:45:27

Or not... unless they will fit in my boot or we strap babies to the roof.

Bum.

LIZS Tue 30-May-06 10:14:27

We have both of those, with coloured boxes ! They are flat packed, so less than a metre long, and the boxes stack inside each other if it helps, not too bad to put together either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: