Talk

Advanced search

Hoarder hubby!! [sad]

(8 Posts)
makemeslim Sun 26-May-13 11:24:50

How do you get a hoarder to de-clutter??, my husband doesn't want another gazebo, but want to keep the foot weight (to stop them blowing away wink!!) this is just a example.. Please help me with wise words..
Or do i just not tell him and get rid??

MelanieCheeks Sun 26-May-13 11:27:21

Oh I hear you! Mine once bought a snowboard cover, cos it was a bargain. He hates the snow, can't ski and has no intention of learning, let alone snow-boarding, but he cannot pass by a bargain.

Having said that, I could see that the stop-things-blowing-away thingy MIGHT come in handy. Do you have a big enough shed or garage for it?

fridayfreedom Sun 26-May-13 11:32:13

In my experience you ask them to sort things out and get rid at which point they turn the tables and say but what about your stuff!!!
You then gradually remove stuff from the house into their garage or shed , which needs a rope just to go in and find your way out again, or you put it in bin bags and remove to the tip, charity shop etc when they are out. Do not put stuff in your bin they will take it out again.
When asked where x is you can honestly say you don't know( you know where you left it , but not if it is still there!!)

makemeslim Sun 26-May-13 13:39:17

The Garage which also houses his car, also rammed to the hilt, with 3 tents and all the gear.. My camping days are long gone!! Fishing stuff .. he went fishing about 8 years ago, 3 sets of golf clubs about 4 golf bags, 3 golf trolleys, just so much clutter everywhere, i'm just going to wait until hes out and take the lot to the tip, or ebay!!wink

fridayfreedom Sun 26-May-13 14:34:10

Least he can get the car in!!

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Sun 26-May-13 14:37:23

Remove one smell item per day. In secret. He won't even notice they r gone

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Sun 26-May-13 14:45:01

Small

CaptainJamesTKirk Sun 26-May-13 18:12:50

What caffeine said... Wait a while, don't mention it and he will forget about it. Bin it. If he asks where it is in the future claim you have no idea and if he had hoarded less stuff he'd know where everything was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now