Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean your shower?

(16 Posts)
DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Fri 24-May-13 11:23:34

Silly question? We have a long, walk-in kind of open tray/cubicle thingy in one room and a small enclosed (DS just about fits in it) cubicle in the other room.

I end up getting soaked and covered in bleach and cleaner whenever I clean the bloody things and I’m wondering if it’s easier just getting naked and cleaning them as I’m taking a shower.

What do you lot do? grin

alienbanana Fri 24-May-13 11:24:42

Aren't showers self cleaning? wink

(the only way to clean a bath or shower is to strip off and do it nekkid)

PoppyWearer Fri 24-May-13 11:27:12

Get into the habit of squeegee-ing them after every use and it's a less-grim task.

But yes, stripping down to undies is the best way!

OddSockMonster Fri 24-May-13 11:27:23

I just make sure I splash plenty of shower gel / shampoo about the place when I'm in there. Is there another way?

Andcake Fri 24-May-13 11:28:01

With me in it smile usually at the beginning before I wash once or twice a week. Did it today!

GoofyIsACow Fri 24-May-13 11:33:11

I have one of these washing up sponge thingies which you can fill will soap and water and i use that after i have showered once a week, bloody sparkling!

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 24-May-13 11:36:36

I also do it before I have a shower. Get in naked, give it all a good once over with microfibre cloth, maybe a bit of spray only if its particularly grubby (thanks mechanic dp and yiur oil!) Then on with shower, rinse it all down, then when its sparkling I will then do myself. Blast some bleach down the plug when I get out.
The family rule is to do a wipe down with the cleaning sponge after every shower to get rid of standing water and since then there is very little cleaning required, whereas before we did this we kept having a bigger job to clean the black scum/mould that would form in the edges...

Andcake Fri 24-May-13 11:37:21

I also find it an easy task to delegate occasionally to dp! Basically give him the bathroom spray and sponge and tell him to do it whilst his in it. Especially if we're in a rush and having people over and want the door to look sparkling from the outside as its next to the loo. Windoline spray Alston works a treat

VenusUprising Fri 24-May-13 11:41:48

Yes, clean it when you're in there.

We use a little hand held washing up brush with a resovoir for washup liquid, and scrub the tiles while in there, then rinse off.

For grouting to really be clean I use a squirty bottle of dilute bleach, and spray it at night. By morning everything is pristine.

It's a small job for every day, that prevents it becoming a massive job if left longer.

AMumInScotland Fri 24-May-13 11:44:54

Shorts and flipflops here! Mainly because I have to walk past the front glass door to get there with the cleaning materials and I don't want to terrify my neighbours.

We have a squeegee, which we all use after using the shower - that slows down the limescale on the glass so I don't have to use the powerful chemicals as often.

But when you have to do a thorough clean, the less you're wearing the less you'll get wet and damaged. I do reccomend the flip flops as a minimum if you're using limescale remover though.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Fri 24-May-13 20:27:20

Ok, naked cleaning it is then! It'll probably be quicker anyway as I won't spend half the time faffing around trying not to get wet. smile

flummoxedlummox Fri 24-May-13 20:31:53

I have found that to clean the shower, or indeed to shower the dog, that nekkid is the only route to go.

VenusUprising Mon 27-May-13 16:16:16

I used to feed my purée eating toddler in the shower too sometimes, but that's another thread!

motherofvikings Tue 28-May-13 16:33:08

I have a question...

If you have a shower with sliding doors how to you clean the bits at the top/ bottom. The runner type bits?

It's too small a gap to get my hand or even a toothbrush in but big enough to get grubby! confused

attheendoftheday Tue 28-May-13 19:56:11

I keep an ecloth in the shower and give it a once over when I'm in there. I do the sliding door bottoms by wedging a corner of my ecloth in and dragging it along.

yomellamoHelly Tue 28-May-13 20:06:57

Lakeland Scrub-free stuff [http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21013/Scrub-Free] plus a squirt with daily shower cleaner when I shower (dh won't do it) Just rinse the stuff off after I've had a cup of tea. Dead easy!
Also got some microfibre cloths for polishing doors and fittings when I'm feeling "rigorous". Looks fab once I'm done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now