Talk

Advanced search

I'm in Duvet Heaven

(7 Posts)
OverAndAbove Tue 21-May-13 22:29:19

It's a king size 2.5 tog Hungarian goose down one from John Lewis, finally back in stock after weeks of waiting. It's so thin and light, yet comfy.

Sorry for the blatant boast, but I really want to recommend it to anyone who gets a bit "hormonally hot" at night like I do!

KeepYerTitsIn Tue 21-May-13 22:32:26

Oh God I want this very thing, the night sweats are unbearable in my 4 tog feather duvet. Was it dreadfully expensive may i ask?

OverAndAbove Tue 21-May-13 22:36:05

It was, I'm afraid. £120! I did a lot of research and this was what came out best, so I am just resigned about the money.

I just couldn't bear being so hot all the time, then sticking both legs out in the bedroom that I now have to keep very cool. I was on a constant burn/freeze cycle...

KeepYerTitsIn Tue 21-May-13 22:44:14

No, that's actually a good price for Hungarian goose down, the ones I've seen have been more. Still cant afford it mind, but I'm going to get one anyway, hurrah! Thanks for the tip off! What do you mean by the way, the bedroom you have now, have you just moved?

OverAndAbove Tue 21-May-13 22:48:26

Yes it's less than all the silk ones etc; just quite a lot for such a thin one. But so worth it, I predict you'll love it!

No, it's the same old bedroom. Just kept several degrees cooler since I turned 40 and my hormones went bonkers. Radiator permanently off and DH sporting a jumper in bed. Glamorous or what? grin

KeepYerTitsIn Tue 21-May-13 23:05:52

Ha know what you mean, I lie there sweating next to the open window all year round and DP buggers off to the spare bedroom most winter nights. Perfect arrangement, I don't have to put up with his body heat! Laughing at jumpers in bed grin.

wonkylegs Wed 22-May-13 10:41:19

A good duvet is worth every penny. I used to lie there shivering whilst DH sweated, we got a fab HofF goose feather duvet and we both are in blissful comfort. Its fab, cosy & warm, not sweaty yet also light like sleeping in a cloud and I'll never go back now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now