Talk

Advanced search

What's the going rate for a cleaner in London?

(5 Posts)
Sofia89 Tue 21-May-13 11:53:02

I am looking for a new regular cleaner and was paying my last cleaner no more than 8ph but cannot seem to find anyone new to for the same rate. I live in Central London. How much do other people pay? Any recommendations of good cleaners in the vicinity for around that much?

fedupwithdeployment Tue 21-May-13 11:55:18

We are Balham, and I pay £10 ph direct to cleaner. Before we had an agency, and paid them a cut and then I think about £8 to the cleaner - but none were very good. The agency demanded my new address when I gave reason for leaving. Eventually i told them I was moving abroad (wimp)...well it was from n to s london!

fedupwithdeployment Tue 21-May-13 11:55:40

NB My Dad is in Yorkshire and pays more!

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Tue 21-May-13 12:12:59

We pay £10 per hour direct to our cleaner too (Vauxhall) and she's a marvel. I also had real problems with agency cleaners who were all a bit rubbish, paying (I think) £8.50 to the cleaner and an agency fee on top.

Where are you in central London? I can ask my cleaner if she wants more clients if you're local.

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 21-May-13 14:08:07

Cleaning is one of the few things cheaper in London than elsewhere. I think £10 an hour is reasonable, but it may still take a while to find one that works for you. Paying more is no guarantee of superior quality, but you may find a good professional with room in her schedule if you do.

What's happened with your previous cleaner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now