Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning high gloss kitchen cupboards - advice needed!

(10 Posts)
Mk4 Mon 20-May-13 21:49:17

We've had a high gloss cream kitchen installed and I have to clean it soon once work is finished.

It's absolutely filthy and I was going to start with just warm water. Bit confused though over what products I can use on it. I've read window cleaner but would rather use a kitchen cleaner. I've bought those e cloths to buff it shiny after.

Any advice please much appreciated.

Beccadugs Mon 20-May-13 23:26:11

Can't help, but will be watching with interest as our shiny grey laminate kitchen is being fitted in a couple of weeks!!

Mandy21 Mon 20-May-13 23:32:21

We had a high gloss kitchen in our last house, I just used any kitchen / anti bacterial spray, but you have to be ultra careful. I used a worn out sponge - you know the ones with the sponge one side and a green scourer on the other side - it wasn't rough at all and I really scratched the surface of the finish (couldn't get the scratches out). So any product, b\ut only ever a super soft cloth.

cece Mon 20-May-13 23:37:55

I just use the dishcloth and warm soapy water. Never thought to give it special treatment. I just use washing up liquid in warm water. Do it about once a week and mop up spillages as they happen. No big deal and the easiest kitchen to clean that I've ever had.

PattieOfurniture Mon 20-May-13 23:41:50

I use a jay cloth and warm soapy water, but always dry off with kitchen towel because if its left to dry it looks horrible.
If you have wall mounted units too be careful of placement of toaster, kettle etc. Steam/heat has ruined ours.

NoForkNKnife Mon 20-May-13 23:44:09

Are you sure the fitters haven't left the protective film on? It's hard to tell blush. I only noticed ours two week after it was fitted and Voila! They are suddenly shiny!

But thanks for all the cleaning tips, PP. I hadn't considered the scratches.

INeedALieIn Mon 20-May-13 23:47:11

Window cleaner and paper kitchen towel here. Works well.

Mk4 Tue 21-May-13 13:09:20

Thanks everyone for the tips.

FatPenguin Tue 21-May-13 20:31:56

I've just had a Cooke and Lewis cream high gloss kitchen fitted and I use Unika anti static gloss cleaner, it's amazing. Also use it on stainless steel, gas hob etc for streak free finish. You can get it on amazon for a tenner with a micro fibre cloth.
Enjoy your new kitchen smile

KELS564 Tue 28-May-13 21:52:19

Good old Pledge, which comes in different fragrances.
Have a high gloss red kitchen for a few years and everything I tried smeared, so I googled this same question and Pledge came up over and over!
It's great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now