Talk

Advanced search

OCD nightmare

(8 Posts)
highgirl Sun 19-May-13 19:27:52

Help this is driving me crazy have had OCD for past 6 years and mainly it is under control but a few weeks ago I took bedding and underwear out of the washing machine that hadn't been properly washed only rinsed off as machine was on rinse cycle and I didn't reaslise. Anyway the bedding not so bad but the underwear I had worn in bed previous night after having sex so worried about semen stains and germs still being left on it after rinsing only. Cleaned everything again but as I didn't realise until next day was out and about, will I have transferred germs or semen from my own hands or clothing that touched the washing when I took it out of machine onto other objects?

educatingarti Sun 19-May-13 21:01:36

I really don't think you need to worry! I don't think anything that could cause any problems will have transferred to anything!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 19-May-13 21:03:07

No, you would not have transferred germs or anything else.

highgirl Sun 19-May-13 22:18:16

Ty

highgirl Mon 20-May-13 19:06:41

Just for reassurance will they have been washed away in the rinsing in the machine the first time? I touched lots of things after I took them out and it was the next day before I re washed them. Just been driving me OCD crazy!

wendybird77 Mon 20-May-13 20:21:41

Hot water gets rid of most germs, so a hot rinse would have done. Even a cold rinse would have been sufficient. I took a food safety course and the most important thing when washing your hands was lots of running water. Presumably the same holds true for washing clothes. The soap helps get tough dirt and stains out, but any 'biologicals' would have been taken care of by the hot water IME.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 20-May-13 20:27:55

But it is important to remember that there are no harmful germs generated by having sex anyway. Even if you had not rinsed the clothes you would be in no danger.

sending some flowers op, it is a really hard condition to manage

highgirl Tue 21-May-13 08:50:29

It was a 30 degree rinse. I know it is the OCD just feels so real when you are low Ty for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now