Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me about your bathroom blind?

(6 Posts)
starrychime Sun 19-May-13 19:12:57

I've had the bathroom refitted and need to get a blind. What's good and where did you get it? What is the best material? Will a blind look OK if it's wider than the window and attached to the wall outside the window alcove?
The alcove is 78cm wide which includes a couple of cm each side of the glass bit which is the frame bit. Can't see any exactly the right width so will probably need to be a bit narrower than the alcove or wider and hang outside and above IYSWIM? Any advice please? Am tying myself in knots looking at all the different ones.
If it's a Venetian one I guess it'll have to go on the inside of the alcove or it'll hang down? And it'll need to go at the front edge of the alcove otherwise I won't be able to open the window when it's down - window opens in the way. Aargh it's a minefield!!

Madamecastafiore Sun 19-May-13 19:15:56

Do you not have obscured glass?

FoundAChopinLizt Sun 19-May-13 19:16:58

Mine's covered in toothpaste grin

Well, you did ask...

starrychime Sun 19-May-13 19:25:53

The glass is frosted and if you're in the bathroom without a light on you can't really see any sillouette <?sp> from outside (have tested) but with the light on you can see moving about. It's on the ground floor and faces out into the garden, a bit of which is shared so could be folk out, and there are houses at the end of the garden where I can see into their rooms if they have the curtains open. Don't really want to impose my wibbly bits on anyone grin

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Sun 19-May-13 21:54:54

Our bathroom has a tendency to get mould even with the window wide open, and we have to clean the walls really frequently.

Couldn't be bothered to also clean a blind, so we have very thin cotton curtains which are normally tied back but can be pulled across. They just slip onto one of those expanding white plastic rails so come off really easily for a wash. The fabric is thick enough to obsure the view from outside, but thin enough to let in the light.

Showtime Sun 19-May-13 23:01:59

I thought my bathroom blind was so boring, no-one could possibly find it interesting, but it's fixed to the wall and extends a few inches further than the alcove on all sides - no problem opening window as easy enough to reach up behind blind. HTH !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now