Talk

Advanced search

Microwaves...recommendations please? Ours just went bang.

(11 Posts)
OrlaKiely Sun 19-May-13 07:50:55

Well it didn't quite go bang, just, when you open the door, it turns itself on.

I'm almost sure it's a switch gone funny but not having the confidence or time to take the blooming thing apart, and having had it about 5 years, I'm thinking of just replacing it.

But with what - I'm not sure what are the good ones and what are a bit less easy to use/reliable.

I don't need/want a grill but will have one if necessary and just not use it, like before! Also I'd really like the inside to be easy to clean, so probably stainless steel yes?

Sorry for such a boring thread. smile Any ideas very gratefully received.

Elkieb Sun 19-May-13 08:02:23

My mum and dad have bought a sharp microwave about 10 years ago when I still lived at home. It looks like new whereas my LG one is rusty! Anyway, I'm planning to get a Sharp one. They are still selling them at John Lewis for £80 ish quid.

Elkieb Sun 19-May-13 08:04:23

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/sharp-r27stma-microwave-oven-stainless-steel/p230927430?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes

Elkieb Sun 19-May-13 08:05:06

Can't work out how to link properly, but that's the one smile

OrlaKiely Sun 19-May-13 08:17:12

Oh thankyou so much! smile I will take a look. I was going to get an LG but won't now.

Elkieb Sun 19-May-13 08:39:47

[http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/sharp-r27stma-microwave-oven-stainless-steel/p230927430?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes]

Elkieb Sun 19-May-13 08:40:18

<gives up linking>!

OrlaKiely Sun 19-May-13 08:46:14

It's Ok, I found it grin

Thanks again

Has anyone got one of those weird Fagor Spoutnik ones? Are they any good?

acrabadabra Sun 19-May-13 09:14:16

We have a Panasonic. Works great but can't wait for it to go bang. The buttons are the ones you press on. They've a plastic coating which has worn away on the start button. Looks awful. This is not helped by the mirrored effect on the door which is always streaky.

But, the worst thing is the fact that it beeps 5 times when it's done. 5 fucking times What is that about?

, if you get a Panasonic, check it doesn't beep a million times before you buy it.

OrlaKiely Sun 19-May-13 09:28:44

yes our one was a morphy richards and it used to beep five times too.

Drove me up the wall smile

OrlaKiely Sun 19-May-13 09:29:41

fagor

I like the roof access

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now