Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy cheap plastic storage boxes with lids?

(16 Posts)
MrsPnut Fri 17-May-13 11:22:49

Incredibly boring I know, but the PTA storage cupboard is in an old mobile classroom which is becoming more and more damp so we need to store everything in plastic boxes.

I've seen some 35l in the Range for £4.99 each but don't really have time to trawl around every shop in the city. We have all the usual places including JTF, Wilkos, Poundstretcher, Dunelm etc. I just need to know where is cheapest.

Thanks and have a brew if you made it to the end.

HaveToWearHeels Fri 17-May-13 11:25:28

Ikea and Tesco, I found are the best, compare prices online.

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 17-May-13 15:35:50

Second ikea too. They have a very very large selection.

MrsPnut Fri 17-May-13 18:32:39

Thanks, I'll try to look at Ikea.

The problem I've found is that the really cheapy places don't have their prices online so I can't do a comparison.
I've bought a couple from Asda today but they are pretty poor quality and will just be a stop gap.

whoopwhoopbib Fri 17-May-13 21:39:00

I recently got some from poundland of all places, they are black and have a lid but although it fits on top it doesn't 'click' in like others do but for £1 each they are fine and do stack well.

SlinkyB Sat 18-May-13 23:04:47

Do you mean large plastic storage tubs OP? I usually find independent high-street shops (like the bargain shops that are a little like markets) do good ones that are 2 for £10.

Thought you meant little food ones at first, so was going to suggest these

MrsDexter Sun 19-May-13 09:05:31

The ikea ones don't have lids that close

ChasingStaplers Sun 19-May-13 09:10:36

If you're up north I just bought loads from Boyes on 3 for 2 at £3.99 or less each.

TeWiSavesTheDay Sun 19-May-13 09:11:01

Yes, I was going to say, those bits'n'bobs type high street shops are often best for good quality ones with proper lids, otherwise matalan, if on sale.

They're not generally that cheap IME though.

HaveToWearHeels Sun 19-May-13 17:43:09

MrsDexter The "Samla" boxes from Ikea you can buy lids for that clip shut.

MrsPnut Wed 22-May-13 21:15:38

Thanks, I went away for the weekend and forgot about this.

I am up north and we have got a small Boyes, I shall investigate. I'm also down to Twickenham at the weekend and I might maker a stop at Ikea on the way home.

PigletJohn Thu 23-May-13 23:14:12

Tesco have them, usually the price varies between about £3 and about £5. Wilkinsons is another cheap shop.

I prefer the translucent ones so you can see what's inside. The one-piece lids snap on and are fairly dust- and water-tight. Folding lids aren't.

if you drop them they will crack or shatter.

Serafinaaa Fri 24-May-13 07:45:38

They are more expensive but Staples are doing some 2 for £20. They are the sturdy, clear, lidded kind and much better than the cheap ones if you can stretch to them. Called something like ' reall useful box company '.

Ruralninja Fri 24-May-13 08:40:40

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0060U5FWW/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are good - wheels on an fit under the bed & v reasonable

Buddy80 Fri 24-May-13 09:09:32

Poundland or 99p stores sell them, allbeit in the smaller sizes, but very cheap x

somewheresomehow Fri 24-May-13 22:30:19

dunelm mill have 20% off boxes and stuff at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now