Talk

Advanced search

I have two bin bags of paper to shred..

(9 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Thu 16-May-13 15:57:54

My small shredder won't cope (and neither could I). I don't have facilities or space to burn it - anyone got any ideas of how to get rid?

mrsminiverscharlady Thu 16-May-13 16:03:17

I think someone on here suggested (just after I'd spent a whole bloody afternoon burning) to dump it all in a sink full of water then scrunch/tear and put in compost bin or with normal rubbish. Sounds kind of fun actually grin

BeCool Thu 16-May-13 16:48:54

do you have to shred it all? can you remove little bits (with name & address) and recycle the rest? Or it is bank statements etc where the whole thing needs to be shredded?

(I used huge powerful work shredder)

If you are going down the water route could your DC (if you have them) make paper pulp with it?

scrappydappydoo Thu 16-May-13 16:59:57

It's all bank statements and such. Have removed as much as possible but having a HUGE clearout. Might try pulping....

buildingmycorestrength Thu 16-May-13 18:21:42

We burned it.

Showtime Thu 16-May-13 22:06:12

I tear off interesting details then burn these in (stainless steel) kitchen sink, recycling the rest.

mirpuppet Fri 17-May-13 06:39:51

Most copy shop offer a secure shredding service.

of course I wondered how secure it really was and didn't use

Pudden Fri 17-May-13 09:14:06

bung it in the sink with hot water and make papier mache or in the sink with hot water and a squirt of bleach/washing up liquid. Leave a while then rip and squueze before binning.

Or if you have a outside charcoal BBQ burn them on there

MousyMouse Fri 17-May-13 13:56:06

when I had a mass clearout like this I used 2 cheap shredders.
ice packs to cool them down when thy got too hot.
took ages anyway...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now