What is a professional clean?

(8 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 15-May-13 13:52:21

How does it differ from a normal domestic clean still
Done by cleaners?

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 15-May-13 14:59:37

Bump

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 16-May-13 07:11:39

I don't understand the question. Could you give the context?

Sofia89 Thu 16-May-13 13:12:21

Professional clean is a really thorough clean - they clean your cupboards, reach up into the lightbulbs to get away the cobwebs, scrub your oven - all the things your regular cleaner wouldn't do on a weekly basis. It's still done by cleaners but they spend double the time on a room compared to a regular clean. It's when they move your sofa and hoover under it etc. I had one done the other day and my home seemed brand new. Let me know if you need recommendations.

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 16-May-13 21:27:31

Oh! I have always called that a "deep clean." Yeah, it's a clean that goes beyond the routine regular stuff. Takes several hours instead of a couple of hours.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 17-May-13 22:31:03

I think it's more than a deep clean. It must get rid of all the visible dirt and requires, possibly, steam cleaning.

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 18-May-13 05:27:51

It sounds like an arbitrary label someone came up with. I have never heard of it, and I'm a member of several cleaning professional organisations.

Since we all consider all of what we do to be "professional" I don't think many cleaners would designate one level of service as "professional."

Nomenclature aside, are you talking about something involving sterilisation of a commercial or health care space?

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 18-May-13 05:29:30

A deep clean removes all visible dirt. Not sure about steam cleaning, unless you mean carpet and upholstery cleaning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now