Talk

Advanced search

So where do you buy your table linens?!

(3 Posts)
MrsPear Wed 15-May-13 10:02:53

I am on the path to grownupness (i know that is not a word) - i now own a proper dining table. It is this one from ikea - table So now i would like some table linens but i don't have a huge amount of money. On a day to day basis we are using it on its smallest size - 140cm in length

So any recommendations?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 16-May-13 01:15:22

The last time I picked up a basic but smart tablecloth was in Next. Usually I look in TK Maxx and anywhere with a sale on.
The sort of shop you might walk past that sells pillows duvets and bedding will sometimes also have tea-towels, towels and tablecloths. A friend bought a single white Ikea sheet one Christmas when she needed a long tablecloth. Market stalls - (often with embroidery on which you may prefer to avoid), make sure you ask the stallholder to open if packaged so you check size.

FanjoPaterson Thu 16-May-13 01:36:03

Salvation army. I wander in there armed with a fiver and come out with all the fun things. Like a blue and white checked tablecloth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now