Talk

Advanced search

Clothes dyed disgusting blue colour - how to rescue? Or not?

(5 Posts)
Hoophopes Wed 15-May-13 09:50:38

My 1 year olds clothes have nearly all (grrr) been dyed a disgusting blue/grey. Worse are the stripy clothes that had white stripes. Unfortunately my dh ironed them, so don't know if I can rescue them and turn them back white (or the stripes back white). Cannot bleach because they have some colour on them. Sorry - am a bit of a novice and upset about this, which I shouldn't be but I am.

ethelb Wed 15-May-13 09:56:00

You could try running them again with a colour catcher.

You could dye them so they are a nicer blue/grey/black?

Hoophopes Wed 15-May-13 19:55:59

Thanks. Bought colour catcher so will try that first. Not sure about dying the patterned ones as do not want to make the other colour any worse or different.

Morepeasplease Wed 15-May-13 23:03:52

I recently had a disaster with some expensive brand new towels which came out of the wash a mucky green colour! I rewashed them with a dylon colour run rescue sachet and they came out no different, which I was surprised about as I'd used these with success before. So I hung them out to dry all day in the sun hoping the sun might do something or that they might look less green when they were dry but they didn't. So as a last attempt at saving them I washed with a colour catcher sheet and to my utter amazement they came out OK.

Hoophopes Wed 15-May-13 23:15:04

Thanks for sharing that. All I could find in local sheet was colour catcher so hope it works. Glad it did for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now