Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you clean your ceramic hob with?

(19 Posts)
TinyPanic Tue 14-May-13 19:10:36

Just got a new ceramic hob and was hoping it would be easy to clean....but it isn't so far. What works well for you?

justmuddlingalong Tue 14-May-13 19:16:18

Bar keepers friend, it's fantastic and gets it back to looking brand new. You'll get in most supermarkets, but definitely Sainsbos. My ceramic hob's about 3 years old and is still spotless.

TinyPanic Tue 14-May-13 19:23:44

Thank you. Do you use it every night after cooking?

hollyisalovelyname Tue 14-May-13 19:28:29

Astonish in a tub. My hob is 10 years old and looks great still

justmuddlingalong Tue 14-May-13 19:45:18

I don't use it every night, maybe every third night or so, or whenever I've made a big mess. Between uses I just wipe the hob with antibacterial and a damp cloth. It's really good for cleaning off the mess caused by stuff boiling over, rice etc. It's a powder you make into a paste, rub on, leave for a few minutes and then wipe off with a damp cloth. Really easy. Then buff it to a gleaming shine with the tea towel, whilst looking smug.

Sunnyshores Tue 14-May-13 19:45:23

second bar keepers friend (also for woodburner 'window')

TinyPanic Tue 14-May-13 20:54:37

Brilliant. Thank you!

betterwhenthesunshines Tue 14-May-13 21:11:52

Hobrite

orange bottle, with white stuff a bit like Jif (sorry 'Cif') - just rub over with damp sponge and then rinse.

Frontdoorstep Wed 15-May-13 20:45:58

Easy Do hob cleaner

PenguinBear Sat 18-May-13 11:49:36

Astonish! Dark blue tub, £1 at cheap pound shops - whatever equivalent you have near you! smile

napkin Sat 18-May-13 22:49:09

I agree with Astonish, Has anyone tried their detergent, wondering if it's as good as their other products.

SEWannabe Sun 19-May-13 12:06:49

I just wipe it down every night, with a damp sponge (or using a wirey non-scratch dish scrubber if it's got burnt on bits), and then give it a good scrub on a weekend with the non-scratch pan scrubber and Hob Brite.
Then rinse all of the Hob Brite off and buff with a clean tea towel.

LilacBreastedRoller Sun 19-May-13 12:18:36

Hob Brite here too. I really rate it.

ChewingOnLifesGristle Sun 19-May-13 12:24:30

Hob-brite here too. I thought I'd marked my new hob after the first use. I just couldn't get it sparkling again. I had Asda's own version of hob cleaner and it was useless.

Hob brite all the way for me. I even use the tile cleaner and sink cleaner now in the same range <sad that I seem to have such a lot to say about cleaning stuff blush sorry>

Mumof3men Sun 19-May-13 18:21:11

Have any of you noticed the paint on the cooker around the hob going rusty? Mine has :-(

SEWannabe Sun 19-May-13 18:29:42

Mumof3men-do you dry the hob by buffing it after washing? Maybe you aren't drying/buffing enough and water is remaining on the edges.

Mumof3men Sun 19-May-13 18:49:39

I think that might have been the case, I've had to use a wire scrubber now to remove the rust-which has removed the paint :-(
However, hob brite keeps the hob itself spotless!

Jan49 Sun 19-May-13 22:24:55

I use a cloth that's been in hot water with washing up liquid. It's the touch screen type so no raised buttons. I just wipe it over like the other kitchen surfaces. If I had a messy food spillage then I'd wipe it up with a damp cloth at the time. I use the hob most evenings and wipe it when washing up.

Panzee Sun 19-May-13 22:26:55

This stuff. I love HG. www.cleanstore.co.uk/products/Product.asp?ID=2777

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now