Talk

Advanced search

Can anybody recommend a decent air ioniser/purifier?

(6 Posts)
hiddenhome Tue 14-May-13 13:44:07

It's for ds1's room (he's 14).

I open the windows to try and air the room, change his bedding regularly and he showers each evening, but his room still smells very stale.

I've tried scented candles, but hate air fresheners, so don't want to go down that route.

When I was younger I used to have an ioniser that I used in a room where I couldn't open the window and that worked very well.

I ordered an air purifier/ioniser from Amazon, but it's crap and I'm going to have to send it back sad

Can anybody recommend anything?

Pinklemon Tue 14-May-13 14:59:38

I just purchased this globe air purifier from ebay. There is no refills, just fill up with water and add a few drops of scented oil. I love it as it gives a lovely fragrance and it also cleanses the air.

hiddenhome Tue 14-May-13 15:22:24

I think I've seen those on tv.

ioniserman Tue 14-May-13 17:38:48

Hi,

My company makes quality ionisers but I'm not sure they actually get rid of "staleness" as such. (although that's quite a subjective sort of experience really isn't it)

We have an information site: www.djclarke.co.uk if you're interested.

I haven't got kids but I always assumed teenage boys rooms were meant to smell stale. One of the rules of nature!

Reminds me of an enquiry we once had. "do your ionisers get rid of the smell of old people? - so we can use it when my parents visit"

Best wishes,

Dave

hiddenhome Tue 14-May-13 21:47:14

Thanks for that ioniserman I've had one in the past and I do find they get rid of that staleness. People just seem to use air fresheners now, but I don't like chemicals.

I'll take a look at your products smile

ioniserman Wed 15-May-13 11:03:15

When you breathe ionised air, the effect of the oxygen it contains is greatly enhanced. The body seems to absorb and use this oxygen much more efficiently. (that's why you get the two seemingly opposite effects of relaxation and alertness from using an ioniser).

Also the actual "electrical charge" in the air is often very different between indoors and outside.

Some people are more sensitive to both these effects than others. I expect you are one of those sensitive people (often called "weather sensitive" )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now