Talk

Advanced search

dry clean only curtains

(7 Posts)
lucysmam Tue 14-May-13 09:31:45

my best mate's given me a lovely pair of curtains.....was going to wash and hang them today only i've just checked the label & they are dry clean only.

will they die a horrible curtain death if i put them in the washer on a short, cool, delicate wash with no spin?

although looking at the weather, if i do that it'll have to be on a nicer day than today - looks like it's going to pee it down here sad

lucysmam Tue 14-May-13 15:00:53

quick bump so i can maybe do them tomorrow smile

lucysmam Tue 14-May-13 17:53:54

anyone?

Frontdoorstep Tue 14-May-13 18:16:20

I bung my curtains in the machine, they don't have lining. I put everything in washing machine tbh. If they were lined I don't think I'd put them in my machine tbh. I have washed other dry clean items in machine too an they have been fine. Think I'd have to see an feel them to decide. Would you be devastated if they didn't turn out well?

lucysmam Tue 14-May-13 18:46:38

not devastated, bit disappointed i couldn't use them but didn't cost me anything & have been sat on a shelf for ages while i dithered confused

Jan49 Fri 17-May-13 05:12:26

Could you ask your friend if she's washed them in the past and how she washed them? Also, why do you need to wash them before hanging them the first time - are they dirty?

lucysmam Fri 17-May-13 08:40:13

he'll have had them cleaned at dry cleaners.....very particular about how he does his washing grin

they're not dirty, could just do with freshening up a bit. suppose i could just plonk them on the line to blow a bit maybe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now