Talk

Advanced search

My washing machine smells - HELP!

(5 Posts)
silverangel Mon 13-May-13 16:15:16

My washing machine smells damp and horrible - to the extent my washing came out smelling rank.

I have cleaned the drawer, cleaned the seal, run it on a boil wash, run it on a boil wash with bicarb of soda. It is sparkly sparkly clean. After the last series of boil washing I left the door open overnight and it was better (although not great).

I have to shut the door during the day due to twin toddlers getting in the way helping by putting each other in the machine.

What can I do - is there some kind of magical product that will fix it?

napkin Mon 13-May-13 18:24:33

Try soda crystals on a hot wash and always leave the door open, this is what makes it smell.

Mandy2003 Mon 13-May-13 19:54:39

Readers - I was plagued with bad washing machine smells when I used washing liquid or gel. I have now gone back to powder - no smells or black deposits at all.

hiddenhome Wed 15-May-13 11:56:58

I use a few soda crystals with every wash and mine has stopped smelling.

Try washing it on a 90 degree wash with a good slug of bleach first, then just go onto soda crystals.

dmac4 Wed 15-May-13 13:54:51

I used Dr Beckmanns deep clean the other week, from tesco - brilliant - hadn't realised quite how much the machine was smelling; however did feel completely embarrassed at the state of the machine blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now