Talk

Advanced search

If you/DCs swim several times/week...

(6 Posts)
LaChaiseVerte Mon 13-May-13 11:58:57

What do you do about washing/drying the stuff.

I seem to remember my DM just rinsing the costumes through and drying them/the towels, ready for the next time.

As we only used to go once a week, I chucked the lot on a cool fast wash after lessons each time, but we are now going at least 3 times a week and I'm finding it ridiculous to wash it all so often.

What do you do?

silverangel Mon 13-May-13 16:16:41

Rinse the chlorine out of costume and hang over the bath to dry. I swim most days. If the towel touches the floor it goes in the wash, if not I hang it to dry and use it again.

Beatrixpotty Mon 13-May-13 16:19:53

I used to swim 4-5 x week as a child.My mum definitely did not put a wash on every time!Stick costumes in cold water when you get in to get the chlorine out & dry on line or radiator.Tumble drying bad for the lycra.Towels on radiator unless have been on the floor.When swimming a lot though I did have several costumes though so maybe all 4 were washed in the machine at end of week.

napkin Mon 13-May-13 18:23:11

I rinse mine in the machine. If washed don't use fabric conditioner as this ruins the material.

Brownowlahi Tue 14-May-13 21:56:00

Eldest dc goes swimming on a tue and wed. She uses her bath towel for the week, then uses it for swimming, it gets dried for tomorrow, then washed. She then gets a clean bath towel tomorrow ready to start the week again. (How sad is my life that I have such an organised plan for washing dc swimming towel!)

PenguinBear Sat 18-May-13 11:47:29

I always wash the swimsuits on a 30min wash each time... Didn't realise a soak in cold water would get the chlorine out. All towels are provided So that saves a load of washing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now