Talk

Advanced search

Flatbed or turntable microwave?

(5 Posts)
JugglingChaotically Sat 11-May-13 08:21:57

Looking to buy a new one after our old trusted finally gave up after years of use and really like the flatbed Panasonic ones as you can fit more in, wont have the problem of fitting the turntable back on the rack after the children make hot choc and don't have to balance on the high rack on the turntable to use the grill . Am worried though that they might cause hot & cold spots?
(Including in the guinea pigs microwave "hot water" bottlesgrin)
Can any one advise? Thanks

alienbanana Sat 11-May-13 08:31:50

I didn't realise those ones were still available. Will be interested to know how you avoid hot spots with them.

JugglingChaotically Sat 11-May-13 08:57:42

So long since I bought my last one but flat bed ones seem to be back in a "new improved" form. Which is great is they don't have really hot and really cold spots!

NanTheWiser Sat 11-May-13 10:36:48

I bought the Panasonic flatbed combi a couple of years ago - love it! No problems with hot and cold spots, and so nice to have the extra space. As I live alone, I cook ready meals quite often, and the combi means not using the big oven very often. Previously I had a really old Panasonic combi, which was excellent, and only got a new one as a luxury!

JugglingChaotically Sat 11-May-13 21:36:11

Great. Thanks for that. Now reassured and will buy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now