Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick need help ..

(9 Posts)
crazydrunkevilhamster Wed 01-May-13 21:25:40

Ds decided it would be fun to block the downstairs loo with several toilet rolls most of which I managed to fish out but their is some I can't get to & everytime its flushed the water rises & floods the room
How do I unblock it , I don't have a plunger sad
I have my landlord inspecting tomorrow sad

DeathMetalMum Wed 01-May-13 21:28:05

Do you have bin bags? Put one over your hand/arm and get the rest of the blockage out. I can't think of another way without a plunger.

MrsHiddleston Wed 01-May-13 21:29:17

Try using a bendy coat hanger to hook out the toilet rolls.

Crikeyblimey Wed 01-May-13 21:31:46

If he didn't wee on it all, don't bother with the bin bag, just get your hand in there - it's only water.

You could try pouring some big jugs of water down whilst poking with a stick. This will sort of flush it down without actually flushing but you do risk just moving the blockage further down the pipes which could cause loads more problems.

Personally, I'd just get my hand in there - and then wash it a lot.

crazydrunkevilhamster Wed 01-May-13 21:38:06

Dp tried but its out of reach & don't have a wire coat hanger

Showtime Wed 01-May-13 21:44:10

Sometimes a loo brush inside plastic bags will work like a plunger, and I've reached all kinds of stuff with kitchen tongs, an alternative is to phone round local friends and neighbours to borrow coathanger etc.

crazydrunkevilhamster Wed 01-May-13 21:47:47

Ok thanks ill give it a try

Viviennemary Wed 01-May-13 21:49:37

If you haven't got a coathanger have you got an old knitting needle you could bend. Or get a coathanger from a neighbour. Somebody is bound to have one. It sounds as if you need a plumber.

Showtime Fri 03-May-13 23:32:28

Hope loo's now fixed, hamster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now