Talk

Advanced search

Doe's anyone know what the answer could be...?

(8 Posts)
napkin Mon 29-Apr-13 15:13:04

Since moving to my new house a few years ago, my washing machine kept breaking down each month, worked fine before! Then I replaced the machine last month and all my clothes started tearing in the new machine and bobbling like mad. I done loads of research and thought it must be the machine so replaced it, then it still happened. Replaced my machine with several different machines with still the same problem! My Aunt got a new Bosch and I tried it out and worked quite well so i got the same and guess what it is still happening. Her machine worked well and left my clothes soft but mine don't and using it the same way. Not sure if it has something to do with my water as it can't be the machine. The thing is my Aunt only lives up the road so must have the same water as me!? Could it be my plumbing? If anyone has had this problem or knows what could cause this, I would love to hear from you. It's driving me nuts!

DoraTheExploder Mon 29-Apr-13 17:03:00

I was going to suggest that it might be a bra wire stuck in the machine, but if you have replaced it and clothes still get torn it can't be that. It sounds baffling!

OrangeLily Mon 29-Apr-13 17:06:25

Sorry but I think a little alien with big teeth lives in your house. smile

napkin Mon 29-Apr-13 17:46:40

It is very baffling! Nothing stuck in the machine as it's brand new and it's the bobbling that's the worst!

driftwoodsands Mon 29-Apr-13 18:18:11

I don't know if over-filling could be the cause??? We used to get clothes with little bits torn out of them and decided that we may be over-filling. Since down scaling each load, we've had no more problems. May be worth a try?

napkin Mon 29-Apr-13 21:11:46

Thanks for the reply but no nether over fill the machine.

Showtime Tue 30-Apr-13 09:49:25

Could it be the washing powder/gel?

napkin Tue 30-Apr-13 22:01:09

No as I used the same in my Aunt's machine that is the same machine as mine, was fine in that. Has anyone got any plumber husbands that might have a clue if it may be something to do with my pipes as can't see what else it may be. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now