Talk

Advanced search

Orange mark on my favourite jeans :-(

(7 Posts)
DewDr0p Tue 23-Apr-13 10:53:11

My beloved purple skinnies have a small orange mark on the thigh. Looks like maybe they've been bleached by something?

Is there any way of rescuing them? sad

Doughnutmaestro Tue 23-Apr-13 23:02:31

Permanent marker in a similar colour? I've done it with black trousers at work before, not tried it with colours though.

DewDr0p Wed 24-Apr-13 15:00:16

I like your thinking doughnut - they aren't really wearable as they are so it's worth a shot! Wonder how easy it is to get hold of purple permanent marker? grin

doublecakeplease Thu 25-Apr-13 23:30:16

Is it a rust mark?? We moved into a house with old, slightly rusted raidiators and i ruined half of DS' beautiful newborn stuff before i realised :-(

DewDr0p Fri 26-Apr-13 11:35:40

Not sure double - if it is then it would be from the washing machine rather than a radiator I think as I don't really dry clothes on radiators? Some of my nice towels also have orange marks on which is very annoying hmm but nothing else does.

I suspect I splashed a bit of cleaning product on them or something like that?

Showtime Fri 26-Apr-13 23:39:07

I've a purple permanent marker by Identipen (Sakura Colour Products) and Sharpie pens do a good purple, but not sure if its washporoof. Dylon fabric dyes do purple too, definitely permanent if properly ironed.

napkin Sat 27-Apr-13 09:36:28

If you dye them the Bleach mark will come out a different colour still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now