Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a fixed shower head? How do you clean the shower cubicle

(9 Posts)
LaCerbiatta Tue 23-Apr-13 10:45:21

So now we have one of those fancy shower cubicles with a fixed shower head (hate it btw!). I can't rinse the hairs, soap scum at the end as aI can't move the shower so how the hell do I clean it??

Please tell me there's a clever way to do this and I don't need to wash it with a cloth after each shower....

TIA

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 23-Apr-13 10:48:11

When I encounter one of these, I curse. Then, I get a big cup or bowl to fill with water for sluicing.

LaCerbiatta Tue 23-Apr-13 11:03:17

Yes, there was lots of cursing involved this morning...
I've also bought some Method flushable wipes but needed 4 just to clean it.... by the end of the year I will probably have spent enough money to replace the shower....

LaCerbiatta Wed 24-Apr-13 00:22:59

Bump....

mathanxiety Wed 24-Apr-13 03:48:58

Large (c 2L) plastic coke bottle filled with water to rinse. A little elbow grease and a kitchen sink brush for a bit of hair and gunk catching. Maybe a bit of whatever cleaning solution you use to clean the shower, and scrub with the kitchen scrubbing brush.

SquinkiesRule Fri 26-Apr-13 01:21:39

We have fixed shower heads too, I have tried to get Dh to change them but he won't. So I use this stuff. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrubbing-Bubbles-Mega-Shower-Foamer/dp/B001COQDMM about once a week, I spray it on, walk away, come back with a bucket of water and a microfibre cloth, and wash it all down, it does come up lovely, like new even. So worth the trouble. Next hose I want shower heads on a hose.

LaCerbiatta Fri 26-Apr-13 09:33:09

Thank you all.

Dh has agreed to change it to a normal shower head with a hose. He wasn't impressed after having to clean off all his hairs after a shower! grin

mathanxiety Sat 27-Apr-13 02:14:01

grin and glad you weren't left doing the hair clearing and fuming in silence thing.

LaCerbiatta Mon 29-Apr-13 10:19:16

Yes! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now