Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a fixed shower head? How do you clean the shower cubicle

(10 Posts)
LaCerbiatta Tue 23-Apr-13 10:45:21

So now we have one of those fancy shower cubicles with a fixed shower head (hate it btw!). I can't rinse the hairs, soap scum at the end as aI can't move the shower so how the hell do I clean it??

Please tell me there's a clever way to do this and I don't need to wash it with a cloth after each shower....

TIA

KatyTheCleaningLady Tue 23-Apr-13 10:48:11

When I encounter one of these, I curse. Then, I get a big cup or bowl to fill with water for sluicing.

LaCerbiatta Tue 23-Apr-13 11:03:17

Yes, there was lots of cursing involved this morning...
I've also bought some Method flushable wipes but needed 4 just to clean it.... by the end of the year I will probably have spent enough money to replace the shower....

LaCerbiatta Wed 24-Apr-13 00:22:59

Bump....

mathanxiety Wed 24-Apr-13 03:48:58

Large (c 2L) plastic coke bottle filled with water to rinse. A little elbow grease and a kitchen sink brush for a bit of hair and gunk catching. Maybe a bit of whatever cleaning solution you use to clean the shower, and scrub with the kitchen scrubbing brush.

SquinkiesRule Fri 26-Apr-13 01:21:39

We have fixed shower heads too, I have tried to get Dh to change them but he won't. So I use this stuff. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scrubbing-Bubbles-Mega-Shower-Foamer/dp/B001COQDMM about once a week, I spray it on, walk away, come back with a bucket of water and a microfibre cloth, and wash it all down, it does come up lovely, like new even. So worth the trouble. Next hose I want shower heads on a hose.

LaCerbiatta Fri 26-Apr-13 09:33:09

Thank you all.

Dh has agreed to change it to a normal shower head with a hose. He wasn't impressed after having to clean off all his hairs after a shower! grin

mathanxiety Sat 27-Apr-13 02:14:01

grin and glad you weren't left doing the hair clearing and fuming in silence thing.

LaCerbiatta Mon 29-Apr-13 10:19:16

Yes! grin

hifigadget7g Sat 04-Aug-18 07:17:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: