Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a good system for organising digital photos?

(5 Posts)
BabyRuSh Tue 23-Apr-13 09:33:23

At the moment they're organised by event - family holidays, birthdays etc.

But the ones i have trouble with are the generic everyday ones, like of dc growing up. How do you organise these? When we only had 1 dc it was easy enough as he had his own album. but now with 2 dc, i've got some photos in dc1's album, some in dc2's album, and a 3rd general kids album (where both are in). Anyone got a better system?

DewDr0p Tue 23-Apr-13 10:50:53

Do you mean on the laptop or wherever? I don't split by child, all photos are in together. I have a folder for each year, then a subfolder for each month. If there's been lots going on in a particular month, say a birthday or a holiday then I might do a separate folder for that too, iyswim?

So last June for eg has the following folders:

2012 06 1 Holiday to X
2012 06 2 Ds3's birthday
2012 06 3 Olympic torch
2012 06 4 Dance festival

A quieter month eg March just gone has just got one folder.

BeCool Tue 23-Apr-13 11:14:24

I just do it by quarter usually:

2013 q1
2013 q2
2013 q3
2013 q4

but they need some attention ATM

jojane Tue 23-Apr-13 11:22:23

We do same as above, special events have own folder eg holidays, parties, days out, etc and general photos with no particular event to define them go into a monthly folder.

SilentMammoth Tue 23-Apr-13 20:23:47

Every month I upload pics to photobox and save in folder for that month.

Every january I make album entitled "20 xx".

Bonus with this is that photos are thus saved both at home and remotely, plus if I tip tea over the album it's very easy to order another without doing it all again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now