Talk

Advanced search

Ants

(8 Posts)
Curlybrunette Mon 22-Apr-13 13:45:00

Hi all,
We've got a few ants in the house, there was some in the lounge so I've put ant powder down and they seem to have gone, but I keep finding 1 or 2 wandering across the work tops in the kitchen. Never more than that, but still makes me feel itchy.
Somehow it doesn't seem right to sprinkle ant powder on a kitchen worktop but do you think I should? Don't want to poison us all!
Thanks

50shadesofbrown Mon 22-Apr-13 13:47:12

Marking place. Sorry I can't help but I have the exact same problem, yeuch! So I would be interested in any replies.

Curlybrunette Mon 22-Apr-13 13:51:51

We can suffer and then decimate our ants together!

blinkinflip Mon 22-Apr-13 19:43:50

Oh god, is it ant season again? I had an awful time last year with ants everywhere, even in the creases inside the fridge door!! Then I got a couple of these and they were gone in a couple of days. I read somewhere that if you have one or two they might be scouts sussing out the place for their mates!

patchesmcp Mon 22-Apr-13 21:09:49

We had a problem with ants in our old house in the kitchen - it was awful sad We'd get rid of them, then they'd come back the next year. Eventually found out they were coming up through a gap in the skirting board and when that was filled there were no more ants.

Can you try and follow them and see where they come from? The gap in our skirting board was actually in our living room, which whilst next to the kitchen was a very long way for ants to go.

Good luck. I used to hate the start of the warm weather as it meant the arrival of the ants.

EeyoreIsh Mon 22-Apr-13 21:12:52

ew, we've got them too this weekend sad

dh put some powder down, which will be fine until it rains!

PigletJohn Mon 22-Apr-13 21:27:48

Nippon liquid is the stuff, it's in a tube like a miniature toothpaste. So delicious they will carry it back to the nest to share. Put a drop on a metal object and protect from rain, or reapply.

Curlybrunette Wed 24-Apr-13 11:28:56

Great thanks I'll get busy with the powder then and try and see if I can see where they're coming from.
Not heard of Nippon liquid, I'll look for some

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now