Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy an old-fashioned larder cupboard?

(6 Posts)
Chocolateporridge Sun 21-Apr-13 13:12:45

I don't have much storage space in my kitchen and one of those old fashioned fifties/sixties freestanding larder cupboards, the kind with the cupboard at the top and the fold out worktop, would be an ideal solution.

I've been looking on Gumtree and on eBay for months but there never seems to be any near where I live (Glasgow area) and over the past few months the prices have been getting higher and higher. I don't care if it's damaged as my hubby would fix it up and I'd paint it to match my kitchen, but it needs to be less than £100.

Any idea where I can find one or am I being too optimistic at that price?

eachandeveryhighway Sun 21-Apr-13 13:35:15

I got mine from local household sale auction rooms for £10 ... it sounds like the thing you're describing. They're a good starting place for allsorts - sofas and dishwashers etc can go for £10-15 at the one I go to (in North Yorkshire), much cheaper than ebay.

Chocolateporridge Sun 21-Apr-13 19:58:39

There's only one auction room near us and its usually more antique kind of things, I've checked their catalogue a few times. It's the one run by Anita Manning off Bargain Hunt smile

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Eskino Sun 21-Apr-13 20:08:43

I've seen them in ebay but they are pricey. Most have been done up and marked up. They're a bit fashion at the mo, like all that Gplan and Ercol stuff.

AvrilPoisson Sun 21-Apr-13 20:20:04

You mean a Maidsaver?
Mine was from ebay, was less than 100 but with delivery was over.
I love it btw- it's my craft cupboard and homeoffice rolled into one.

Chocolateporridge Sun 21-Apr-13 20:53:58

Oooh, I'm obviously very "now" when it comes to interior design then tee hee.

My DH is a chiropodist who operates a visiting practice and I've told him to keep his eyes peeled in case any of his patients are chucking one out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now