Talk

Advanced search

How to store baking equipment?

(6 Posts)
TwllBach Sun 21-Apr-13 09:18:03

I've got a lovely wooden butchers table that I keep my baking equipment on. Over the last month I've had a good sort out ad tried to keep everything clean, tidy an presentable, so much so that it makes me smile when I look at the top and the first shelf. I keep my lovely earthenware mixing bowl, a pretty tin with bags of nuts in an a large, decorative plate with my Kilner jar of granola on top. On the first shelf I am slowly decanting the dry stuff in to more Kilner jars (notice a theme? grin) like caster sugar, flour etc and it looks neat and orderly.

The bottom shelf has my tins and trays and scales on, but they seem to get greasy and dirty really quickly. I'm assuming that can't be helped? I don't really have any more cupboard space, so they can't be put away. Maybe the first step is to stack them neatly and just accept I will need to wash them before use?

amistillsexy Sun 21-Apr-13 09:25:45

Would they stack upright in a basket? That might keep them cleaner. I might be inclined to cover them with a nice tea towel as well.

TwllBach Sun 21-Apr-13 09:29:39

Oh I like that idea. I like that idea a lot and I so have some pretty tea towels that are rubbish for their actual designated job, but pretty to look at a Christmas present from exDP. One of the final reasons he became an ex

I will have to measure the openings in the butchers table today and see if I can pick something up.

It's either that or trying to fashion some sort of curtain for the lower shelf, with the tea towels.

Runningblue Sun 21-Apr-13 09:33:17

How about usung some net curtain wire kit and making a basic curtain? If you use t towels all the sides are already hemmed, so you'd only need a quick top hem. You get the hooks with the kit, so you'd be sorted!

TwllBach Sun 21-Apr-13 10:02:24

Maybe I will do both... I really want the basket now grin and I haven't made anything for a while, so the curtain thing could keep me occupied!

Runningblue Sun 21-Apr-13 10:04:50

And... The two options would keep the baking stuff lovely and clean...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now