Talk

Advanced search

Serious slattern klaxon!

(3 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 19-Apr-13 21:26:41

Combi boiler was due to have its annual service today. The boiler lives in my bedroom so I tidied my room which mostly involved temporarily moving all the crap into DS' room and the walk-through room.

The last two checks have only involved the boiler so I was mortified to discover that the gas man had checked all the radiators aswell including the one in DS' room and the walk-through room blush.

I was out when he came, my aunt (also my landlady) was here to let him in. I arrived just as he was finishing up and I looked this colour -> angry when he was giving feedback on the condition of the radiators just thinking about what a disgraceful mess the two rooms were in. He genuinely didn't seem bothered but I'm still so blush. My friend says he's probably seen much worse but I don't think that is possible.

This mess has to be sorted out. I'm starting with a carboot sale this weekend. I know it's not the best solution but I have things that the charity shops won't take and I'd at least like to try and pass them onto someone else before they have to go to landfill.

I need to get myself into a routine of sorting things out as they need it rather than pushing it all into a cupboard and leaving it to fester.

misslongstocking Fri 19-Apr-13 22:58:38

I can sympathise with you as was in similar situation the other week. Boiler service=clean up in kitchen + hallway . Upstairs terrible,but out of sight or so I thought......boiler man arrived ,turned out to be Dad of daughter's friend! Went around every room turning off radiators..thought I'd die of shame....

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 19-Apr-13 23:23:09

Oh, goodness...that sounds much worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now