Talk

Advanced search

Serious slattern klaxon!

(3 Posts)
HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 19-Apr-13 21:26:41

Combi boiler was due to have its annual service today. The boiler lives in my bedroom so I tidied my room which mostly involved temporarily moving all the crap into DS' room and the walk-through room.

The last two checks have only involved the boiler so I was mortified to discover that the gas man had checked all the radiators aswell including the one in DS' room and the walk-through room blush.

I was out when he came, my aunt (also my landlady) was here to let him in. I arrived just as he was finishing up and I looked this colour -> angry when he was giving feedback on the condition of the radiators just thinking about what a disgraceful mess the two rooms were in. He genuinely didn't seem bothered but I'm still so blush. My friend says he's probably seen much worse but I don't think that is possible.

This mess has to be sorted out. I'm starting with a carboot sale this weekend. I know it's not the best solution but I have things that the charity shops won't take and I'd at least like to try and pass them onto someone else before they have to go to landfill.

I need to get myself into a routine of sorting things out as they need it rather than pushing it all into a cupboard and leaving it to fester.

misslongstocking Fri 19-Apr-13 22:58:38

I can sympathise with you as was in similar situation the other week. Boiler service=clean up in kitchen + hallway . Upstairs terrible,but out of sight or so I thought......boiler man arrived ,turned out to be Dad of daughter's friend! Went around every room turning off radiators..thought I'd die of shame....

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 19-Apr-13 23:23:09

Oh, goodness...that sounds much worse!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: