Talk

Advanced search

Have you got this washing machine?

(22 Posts)
napkin Thu 18-Apr-13 22:14:03

Bosch Exxcel WAQ24461GB, Bosch Exxcel WAQ28460GB or LG F1480QDS if so would love to here if they are any good before I order one? hmm

500internalerror Thu 18-Apr-13 22:15:41

We have a Bosch of some sort, no idea of the model except it was the cheapest! It's 100% fabulous.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 18-Apr-13 22:18:30

We have a Bosch exxel washing machine ,and dishwasher and tumble drier...

They have kept working long after others have given up the ghost.

rubyrubyruby Thu 18-Apr-13 22:19:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EntWife Fri 19-Apr-13 13:03:19

we had an LG intellidrive silent machine and it was truly fab. we left it in our flat when we rented it out and our tenants wrecked it in the space of 6 months (constantly overloading it). honesty i wept.
we replaced it with a hotpoint aqualis or some such and got new tenants.

in our current house the washing machine is built in. when it finally dies i am getting another LG.

napkin Fri 19-Apr-13 13:59:59

What machine did you get rubyrubyruby?

rubyrubyruby Fri 19-Apr-13 23:02:51

PigletJohn Sat 20-Apr-13 12:14:31

looking at the Which Best buys, I see the Bosch
WAQ28461GB is a Best buy at about £427, scored 78%

so is the Bosch WAQ24461 at about £399 which scores only 1% less at 77%, so from your list, I would have that.

I can't see the WAQ28460GB in the list, or the LG 1480QDS

However the LGF1495BDS is their top best buy, but costs about £1200

you can read the full Which reports free at your local library.

HorribleHaircut Sat 20-Apr-13 12:20:32

Bosch Exxcel WAQ24461GB

had it a year
no problems
REALLY pleased with it

you can MUCH reduce the time of a wash - halve it on average, is my estimate - by hitting the quick wash button, and I've noticed no difference in the quality of the wash (excellent)

is quiet and has easy display/controls

also does 15 minute freshen up wash (half load)

have used tablets/gel/powder etc, all fine

shop around for best price

I would buy the same again for my fantasy city apartment !

napkin Sun 21-Apr-13 13:49:19

Can you do very small loads apart from on the 15 wash HorribleHaircut? What programmes do you find the best?

PigletJohn Sun 21-Apr-13 15:37:22

My Bosch Excel which may be comparable automatically measures the size of your load and takes in no more water than it needs, so it automatically does small loads.

IIRC it measures one third, two thirds, and full. The small loads are a bit quicker and cheaper as they don't need so much heat for the smaller amount of water. It is described in the owners manual.

napkin Sun 21-Apr-13 18:58:15

Thank's john but i have heard that the newer models are a bit sensitive if under or over filled.

ChippingInLovesSpring Sun 21-Apr-13 19:09:09

I have the previous model of the LG (7kg direct drive) and I love it. Touch wood it's been going 3 years without any problems at all.

I bought it online from Boots electrical and they were briliant.

I never overload mine so I don't know about that, but I do do very small loads and haven't ever had a problem.

I would do exactly the same if I rented this place out and needed a new machine elsewhere.

HorribleHaircut Sun 21-Apr-13 19:13:25

The 15minute wash is a specific programme, you can't make every wash a 15 minuter but the 15 min wash you can have from cold to 40 degrees, and vary the spin from 600 to 1200, so I should think you could do a small load of delicates but not a quick v hot wash. So I think it covers most washes!

You could put a small load in any programme, it adjusts water needed etc., or just put a small load in on a time saver programme - if you don't adjust the detergent accordingly, the machine tells you. The 'too much detergent' thingy flashes and I think it does extra rinsing or something. I felt a bit waggy fingered at when I over did the ariel! The moral of the story is don't use liquitabs on a tiny wee load....

I pretty much wash everything at 40 degrees on a cotton timesaver programme (takes an hour), with the occasional wander into hotter washes, delicates etc.

And you can bung on an extra spin, rinse etc

if you want a good look at the control panel, it's here brain.pan.e-merchant.com/0/8/14366480/l_14366480_002.jpg

When I bought my dishwasher, I googled for an instruction manual before I bought it so I could have a good look through that before I bought it (always more and better info in that than John Lewis etc online sites, I find)

Ponders Sun 21-Apr-13 19:22:12

I've got the WAS28461 which I know isn't what you were asking about, but it has the same control panel as horriblehaircut's grin

I mostly use either the cotton wash, turned down to 40 & with speed perfect & aqua plus turned on (average time c 65 mins), or the easy care wash with both turned on

It's great so-far-touch-wood

napkin Sun 21-Apr-13 19:34:15

Have you tried the wool wash for your jumpers ect... HorribleHaircut?

napkin Sun 21-Apr-13 19:34:49

Need a good wool wash...! hmm

rubyrubyruby Sun 21-Apr-13 21:56:42

PigletJohn Sun 21-Apr-13 22:17:12

confused

haven't come across that.

Did the instruction book mention a minimum acceptable load?

On mine I can even do a hot hot hot wash with no clothes in, and a cup of washing soda, if I think it needs a service wash. I thought that was normal.

rubyrubyruby Mon 22-Apr-13 07:16:41

PigletJohn Mon 22-Apr-13 08:26:48

That's interesting, thanks.

napkin Mon 22-Apr-13 09:39:17

That's what i'm worried about rubyrubyruby as i need to rinse swim kits ect...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now