Talk

Advanced search

Whiteboard marker vs School Summer Dress...the pen won..

(9 Posts)
Chockyeggpants Wed 17-Apr-13 14:37:54

Please help!
DD came home with black whiteboard marker scribbles on her navy and white poly cotton dress.
Have washed it with vanish stain remover.
The stains are still there.
Do any lovely MNs have any suggestions for rescuing the dress?
TIA.

mrsyattering Wed 17-Apr-13 14:42:18

have you tried soaking overnight in vanish? (one scoop in hot water overnight and then straight in the machine) this seems to work for most stains, although I haven't dealt with whiteboard marker yet.

RueDeWakening Wed 17-Apr-13 14:45:10

I asked almost the identical question the other day - suggestions included soaking in milk, scrubbing with washing up liquid before washing, or ironing a baby wipe over the stain - have tried the washing up liquid so far but top is in the washer so I don't know yet if it's worked.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Wed 17-Apr-13 14:53:02

Last year I gave up and sent her to school in a clean but pen marked dress- but I'm a bit of a slattern.

I figured it happened at school so if they didn't like it they could look into different pens that do actually wash out (or at least come out with stain remover). I also hoped in vain that having a marked dress might make DD a bit more careful with the pens. Some chance.hmm

Cuckoomama Wed 17-Apr-13 20:40:31

Has anyone tried ace? It's supposed to be a type of bleach that's ok for colours. Might be worth a try? Whiteboard marker's the work of the devil.

gobbin Wed 17-Apr-13 21:30:18

Try WD40 sprayed on and washed twice.

MinimalistMommi Sat 27-Apr-13 14:05:10

Scrubbing with Fairy Liquid and really cold water worked for me which got most of it out and then I poured milk onto it and then put it in washing machine at 40 degrees with Persil liquid. It washed completely clean shock

MinimalistMommi Sat 27-Apr-13 14:05:54

I imagine this would only work on a 'fresh' mark though, not on one that has already been through machine/dryer.

awaywiththepixies Sat 27-Apr-13 16:04:35

Had this same problem myself the other day. Used ariel spray stain remover. Sprayed stain front and back then sat there working it onto the stain with my finger nail, respraying periodically. Washed out fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now