Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you have on a stall at the school disco, to appeal to kids with a bit of pocket money to spend?

(16 Posts)
Jojay Mon 15-Apr-13 21:10:17

We normally do a tuck shop, but the kids seem determined to spend every penny they have!

So far we've thought of glow sticks, those glow glasses, tattoos etc .

Any other ideas?

NorksAreMessy Mon 15-Apr-13 21:12:42

Elastic bracelets (the ones that look like rubber bands)
Punchy balloons
Bouncy balls

In fact, when I used to run the school disco, we bought most of the Baker Ross catalogue. Anything left over was devoured by the summer fete.

Don't forget earplugs for the helpers smile

doublecakeplease Mon 15-Apr-13 21:12:46

Luminous face paint? Good old fashioned deely boppers?

AuntieStella Mon 15-Apr-13 21:14:44

Age?

Sweeties and glow-sticks

ThingummyBob Mon 15-Apr-13 21:14:45

Ice lollies at the end when they need to cool down.

Yes to glow sticks and glasses etc. Anying with flashing lights and sometimes big balloons with a little rice inside which make a boootiful noise hmm grin

AssamAndDarjeeling Mon 15-Apr-13 21:17:10

Body glitter!

Gales Mon 15-Apr-13 21:19:51

Our head bought these glow sticks for the last one. (No PTA here) He sold them for £1 each and could have sold more.

We are a high FSM area and TBH I don't approve of kids being taught by their school that it's OK to waste money like that. Or that a school that preaches about what can go in lunch boxes peddles sweets in such huge quantities, but obviously none of this matters when there's money to be made.

And I'm a miserable old cow. (Staff, not parent in this case)

PerditaXDream Mon 15-Apr-13 21:20:52

We did tattoo transfers at dd's year 2 school disco. 10p or 20p per tattoo (they were small). Most popular stall aside from the sweets!

Jojay Mon 15-Apr-13 21:29:48

Sorry, primary school age kids.

Gales - the money that these kids are 'wasting', has so far bought them this year, a class's worth of laptops, and is about to fund a major playground overhaul (we've raised over £10K this year), so worth the lapse in principles on the odd occasion I feel. But we're fortunate to be in an affluent area.

Gales Mon 15-Apr-13 21:40:28

Hmm, I don't like that either. It's not fair that a school in an affluent area, where the children already have all the advantages gets all this extra funding. Also really sad for those who aren't so affluent. Obviously there will always be have and have nots, but does that have to be the case at a primary school disco?

But, I'm a runner and struggling ATM, so ignore me sad

I really posted because those bracelets really did sell like hot cakes and with a huge mark-up.

Jojay Mon 15-Apr-13 21:51:29

I hear what you're saying Gales - life's not fair is it?

Anyway, thanks for the link smile

BabylonReturns Mon 15-Apr-13 21:54:43

There's always glo sticks at our school discos. Stock up on the multipacks from the pound shop, then split and sell 3 for 50p or whatever.

PTA makes an absolute killing every time!

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 15-Apr-13 21:57:43

I tried to get out PTA to twin with a school in a developing country and for proceeds to be split 50/50. Sadly the idea was turned down.

clippityclop Mon 15-Apr-13 22:19:23

I think you can get glow bracelets and rings, big glasses too. Another idea - take photos of kids with their mates against a background (get the kids to make it, big board covered n tin foil, cut out letters with the name of the event or whatever) and charge 50p a print. Get prints processed by Snapfish or somewhere.

BeCool Tue 16-Apr-13 00:21:49

You can buy balloons that have an LED light inside on amazon

Dumpylump Tue 16-Apr-13 00:29:08

You can buy balloons that have an LED light inside in Tesco!
Glitter tattoos?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now