Talk

Advanced search

Anyone bought anything from Made.com? Any good?

(17 Posts)
MrsDarylDixon Sun 14-Apr-13 21:54:37

We need a new sofa and quite like one on Made.com but were just wondering what kind of quality they are. Anyone bought anything from them?
We've seem some positive online reviews but you never know how genuine they are do you?

Thanks

MoreSnowPlease Sun 14-Apr-13 21:55:42

We bought a sofabed from them when they were very new. Quality wasn't great to be honest, it did the job but was uncomfortable and cheap looking.

MrsDarylDixon Sun 14-Apr-13 22:44:39

Yeah, i was worried that would be the case.

I think i'm just old fashioned really and i'd much rather buy something from a shop!

tigerlilygrr Fri 10-May-13 15:11:51

Hello mrsd don't know if this helps but I believe made have a showroom now in notting hill. Also I bought bookcases from them and the quality was fantastic. I've never seen any of their upholstery though.

Dawndonna Sat 11-May-13 16:53:01

My sister has a lovely chair from them. Six weeks from start to finish. She's very pleased with it, and I like it, too!

MinimalistMommi Sun 12-May-13 13:39:55

Even people comment on here can be fake too OP just as a heads up, sometimes it's worth checking on a posters history if its a big purchase to see if they've posted before. People get payed to search the Internet for threads like these and then out a positive review.

MinimalistMommi Sun 12-May-13 13:40:17

Put not out.

tigerlilygrr Sun 12-May-13 18:07:05

Minimalist, if I was a fake poster I would have been far more gushing!

camflower Mon 13-May-13 13:57:28

i bought a bedside table (£149) from them recently, one of the vintagey, distressed ones, and it was surprisingly good and solid. good comms and fast delivery. not sure i'd buy a sofa or an armchair without trying it in the flesh tho

KatoPotato Mon 13-May-13 14:00:05

We got our sensor bin from there, I think it took quite a while to arrive but its great.

Even though my arse sets it off every time I walk past...

TakingTheStairs Mon 13-May-13 14:02:45

I used them recently and never will again

Ordered a footstool, paid for Saturday delivery, got an email to say it was coming on X day. Stayed in all day. Never turned up.
Had to chase them several time to find out what was going on, they never called back when they promised they would.
They lost my footstool, had to reorder again, so a second period of waiting. Refunded the £10 for Saturday delivery as a goodwill gesture, but then sent the second footstool for delivery on a weekday. My DH had to take time off work to wait for it.
They only got off their backsides to help after I posted on MN to moan.

And after all the hassle, the apology was a £25 voucher (which wouldn't buy you anything) to use off my next purchase from them. eh no thanks.

Avoid if you can.

ItsAllTLAsToMe Tue 14-May-13 12:32:57

TakingTheStairs doesn't work for them then grin.

Sandie79 Tue 14-May-13 12:41:57

We have a coffee table - I really like it. Our furniture is either Ikea/gumtree or landlord-provided John Lewis and its probably in the middle quality-wise, pretty solid and (I think!) very stylish. We didn't have any problems with delivery, but then we're both able to work from home if we need to. I agree I'd be a bit concerned about buying a sofa without being able to sit on it though.

ecohip Thu 22-Dec-16 17:37:31

Dont bother. I went in to but a 2 seater sofa for my daughter. Sales member told us to wait till sale as we would get 40% off. Come the sale it was nothing like this discount and we missed other sale opportunities

Really angry as the cocky staff members do not want to honor the agreement. Bad form!

Applesauce29 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:40:34

My brother got a couple of sofas from there over a year ago and they still look good. He went to see them in the showroom first tho.

TinyTemperamental Thu 22-Dec-16 17:51:03

2 sofas, coffee table and dining table- all from made.com
The quality is excellent and love their designs.
We live in London so did go to their Notting Hill showroom to check out stuff in real before we ordered d it online.

TinyTemperamental Thu 22-Dec-16 17:53:15

And why am I replying to a 2013 thread? Just realised. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now