Talk

Advanced search

Wet clothes on line

(10 Posts)
corkgirlindublin Sun 14-Apr-13 10:21:23

So I've had towels on the line since yesterday morning when the sun was blazing. However it rained for the last 20 hours and has only dried up in the last while. What's the wet clothes etiquette? Re-wash or allow dry on the line? I'm new to a clothes line! Thanks

LouLouH Sun 14-Apr-13 10:22:51

I would spin them in machine to take out excess water then pop back on the line.

LST Sun 14-Apr-13 10:23:23

I just leave mine to dry. Bugger re-washing them!

saycheeeeeese Sun 14-Apr-13 10:23:51

Id spin them in your machine, give them a sniff and if they smell ok fire them out again. I did the same but mine smelled like wet dog so I re washed.

corkgirlindublin Sun 14-Apr-13 10:34:50

Ah you all sound like my type of women wink. It's blowing a gale now but really mild so they should be dry in a couple of hours if I leave them there! Thanks all!

MousyMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 10:37:59

I would rinse + spin.
be quick, should be nice drying weather today wink

Startail Sun 14-Apr-13 10:45:59

I leave them on the line and let them dry or shove them on the line inside if it looks like it's going to carry on raining.

My only problem is stupid birds who shit on the item at the end.

The line is tired to a tree, I think is some feathered creatures early morning or overnight perch.

corkgirlindublin Sun 14-Apr-13 10:55:35

I got excited by the bright weather yesterday morning and went on a washing rampage. Every towel in the house, stripped all the beds, and then the normal weekend washes (at least 3) so my house looks like a laundry at the momentshock

specialsubject Sun 14-Apr-13 13:02:29

leave to dry - rain should be clean in the UK.

usualsuspect Sun 14-Apr-13 13:06:06

I leave them for days to dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now