Talk

Advanced search

taking up curtains.... how much

(6 Posts)
nannyl Sat 13-Apr-13 15:27:14

I have a pair of curtains but they are just a bit too long...

we have a fabric shop in the village, and they say curtain alterations on their sign... i called this morning but no answer, and not open til monday....

does anyone have any idea how much it might be normal to charge to take about 30cm off the curtains.

If it makes any difference each curtain is 166 cm long.....

I dont have a sewing machine, but could borrow MILs, but sewing really isnt my thing, so thinking just take them there and let them do it.

If expensive i might just get on with it tonight, but if not too bad i'll let them

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 13-Apr-13 15:56:18

It can be expensive...around £30 I think and since it's an easy thing to do, why not do it yourself?

Just pin the hem into place before you sew.

nannyl Sat 13-Apr-13 19:25:19

thanks....

hmmm, not sure what to do now.... i am rubbish at sewing, buttons are my limit

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sat 13-Apr-13 19:37:26

I iron my hem down...then pin it...then just catch it up without going all the way through the curtain if you see what I mean.

PolterGoose Sun 14-Apr-13 11:19:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannyl Mon 15-Apr-13 14:30:50

For future reference
I took them in to the lady and she is charging me £18 (for the curtains and the blackout linings)
Im happy with that smile

I do live in a little village in west yorkshire where most things seem to cost less than normal though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now