Talk

Advanced search

So, what's the difference between a £250 iron and the £30ish one I have?

(6 Posts)
Gales Fri 05-Apr-13 19:12:49

And will it improve my life sufficiently to justify the cost?

I have seen the Morphy Richards Intellidome 42236 Pressurised Steam Generator apparently reduced from £250 to £99, which still seems like a huge amount of money for an iron and it will take up much more room in the cupboard, but presumably people pay the extra money because they do something much better than a regular iron...?

Tigglette Sat 06-Apr-13 00:22:49

I've had a steam generator iron for about 8 years and would never go back to an ordinary one. It irons more quickly because the steam pressure is better - great for bedding, heavy cotton etc. it really depends on how much ironing you do and whether you iron as you go or do it in a batch but I can get through all of our weekly ironing for DH and I including daily work shirts, jeans, work clothes for me and bedding in about an hour and a half. The special offer price is good and will so be worth it if you do a lot of ironing.

Gales Sat 06-Apr-13 19:46:21

Thank you

Gingefringe Sun 07-Apr-13 16:39:14

Where have you seen the Morphy Richards? I used to have a MR which was great but now have a strange Phillips one which I can't get on with.
Thanks

meditrina Sun 07-Apr-13 16:52:44

£250 for an iron?

<faints>

gemma4d Sun 07-Apr-13 21:54:33

Y'know, lately I have been wondering whether a £30 iron would be better than my free one(s). Honestly - I've never paid for an iron; I got 2 free with catalogues about a decade ago. One broke, and I've been using the second for years. Didn't know you could spend that much on an iron!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now